• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Comics to introduce a gay character

92 posts in this topic

I thought it would never happen, but Archie will be introducing a gay character later this year.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/feast-of-fun/2010/04/archie-comics-plans-gay-character.html

I'm very excited about this, since there has not been a gay character in the Archie world for well...ever.

I thought it would never happen, but Archie will be introducing a gay character later this year.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/feast-of-fun/2010/04/archie-comics-plans-gay-character.html

I'm very excited about this, since there has not been a gay character in the Archie world for well...ever.

The day this is not news is the day that it'll be truly important.

The day this is not news is the day that it'll be truly important.

Hey, I thought it was pretty darn impressive. Archie has always played it safe (especially in the past) when it comes to stuff like this. The fact that they are trying more than ever to be relevant to society is great. Maybe it will teach kids that being gay isn't bad, and maybe deter some future hate crimes.

All the poor kids in school named Kevin are not happy with this.

They are going to get hit on now, one way or the other. :jokealert:

I myself haven't read an Archie in a while either but I do question whether they are very relevant these days especially when they make a move like this so late in the game AND they feel they have to announce it prior instead of just printing the story.

Perhaps they should fast forward a bit and write in an ET into the cast or some more interesting social issues.

All the poor kids in school named Kevin are not happy with this.

They are going to get hit on now, one way or the other. :jokealert:

I myself haven't read an Archie in a while either but I do question whether they are very relevant these days especially when they make a move like this so late in the game AND they feel they have to announce it prior instead of just printing the story.

Perhaps they should fast forward a bit and write in an ET into the cast or some more interesting social issues.

Better late then never on a topic like this.

On things like the upcoming Jersey Shore and Twilight parody on the other hand, not even worth it. Having Veronica do a Vampirella parody will most likely fall flat on its face.