• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*GASP* NUDITY? IN A COMIC? I'M SHOCKED! SHOCKED I SAY!

49 posts in this topic

Imagine if she would have instead bought him The Preacher, it sure sounds like a good family friendly title and all. Kinda of like Cracker-Jacks though, there's a surprise in every issue. lol

Well, I guess I'm a little confused here. A mom complains because her son was given a "family friendly" comic containing nudity and some posters are railing about stupid parents.

I will grant you she should have at least leafed through the books but I don't see her in the wrong.

I'm not judging, if you want your nine year olds exposed to this at a young age, go for it, but I have no issue with this woman having concerns and voicing them.

Is the mom stupid? No

Should she be upset? Sure.

Is this worth taking to the local news media? No way.

All she is doing is getting more and more kids to look at this particular comic then ever would have before.

A much better option would have been to quietly go the the store and deal with it at that level.

Maybe all the comic publishers should come up with a list of unsuitable-for-kids content, a code of some sort, and then agree to put some sort of seal or stamp on books that meet the safe-for-kids criteria.

Maybe all the comic publishers should come up with a list of unsuitable-for-kids content, a code of some sort, and then agree to put some sort of seal or stamp on books that meet the safe-for-kids criteria.

:roflmao:

sorry, if the thing is prepacked in a "family friendly" package then the mother surely has a right to be ticked off. though i'm not sure this is DCs fault, but rather, the repackager. a covered up image like this is a bit on the fence on whether you need a big "warning" on the cover though as you see stuff like this all the time on TV, etc.

are we even sure it came in the package(Balloon Boy)? Could it be someone looking for 15 minutes? that book was DC's direct sale line. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they sent directly to LCS's? (shrug)
hm

Oh noes, a naked woman. The child will be scarred for life.

no nipples, no crack, no pubic hair = no nudity... case closed, next docket, please...

Well, you're wrong on the first part...

By the way, the person in question seems to be Madame Xanadu.

no nipples, no crack, no pubic hair = no nudity... case closed, next docket, please...

doh! couldn't think of her name.

There can be nudity without crack?

She'd soil her panties if she saw some of the books I have. lol

hm I could mail her my copy of Faust 1. :devil:

:o

Tha's not even approved for adults. :sick:

One of those rare comics that I even regret reading (and I'm a horror fan).

Kind of like watching the human centipede movie, but FAR FAR worse.

AW come on dude,I read Faust #1 and wasn't THAT bad....... :devil:

... the Human Centipede :roflmao: my son has been wanting to see that lol (he's 20yo) ...as for Faust...its good stuff lol