• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComiCONN - May 15 2010. North Haven CT

49 posts in this topic

hm

Tempting but not sure the Mrs. will let me go. I'll see what I can do...

Does your wife control your life? Put your foot down and go! :taptaptap:

Yes ladies he's available :eyeroll:

hm

Well, considering it means I'd have to leave the boy with her all day, yeah, I do need to check with her.

hm

Well, considering it means I'd have to leave the boy with her all day, yeah, I do need to check with her.

Bring him along!

Questions...

Does anyone know what is going to be at this convention beyond the artists and guests?

More specifically, will there be much of any selection when it comes to GA and SA books?

Will any dealers I've ever heard of be there?

I'm just hoping to see some semi-decent GA and SA books for sale at the show. Having artists and guests is nice but I've always been one who goes to con's caring 90% about the inventory and 10% about the attractions.

Well, I have to say it wasn't bad. I got there around 12-12:30 and there was quite a crowd. Looked like a pretty decent turnout. All the Star wars costume people were there for picture taking.

I kinda surveyed the room when I first walked in. I'm usually a bit overwhelmed when I first enter a con and I just like to wander around a bit to get my bearings.

Showcase NE was there with their 800 boxes of slabbed copper/modern comics. Okay, obviously not 800 boxes but still a lot of boxes.

One guy was set up there with a rather large selection of 50's Atlas and DC comics. He had two killer 50's Phantom Strangers that i was drooling over. I ended up buying a copy of Big Town off him that was just too nice to pass up.

One guy had a small stack of D&D modules for $2 apiece. Bought all of those. No brainer at that price.

There were a couple others set up with decent selections of SA/BA.

There were a few folks set up that really didn't have comics. The guy I bought the D&D modules from had a bunch of newspaper strip type TPBs. He also seemed to have quite a lot of original strip art. Didn't get a real good look at his stuff though.

Overall, not a bad show. I think it has potential. I'd like to see more pure comic people set up. Don't really care about toys and such, but that's just me.

This show might have some potential.

[EDIT] - I think I saw a certain "primate" walking around. Some of you reading this will get that cryptic reference. ;) Not certain it was him, but i think it was.