• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: SA Green Lantern Neal Adams run

22 posts in this topic

Looking for GL 76 through 88 in CGC 9.2 or 9.4 (if it is within my budget).

For some reason, I have never paid much attention to this part of the run. I figure now's as good a time as any.

PM me.

Thanks!

Larry

It's all about the movie hype!! Anyone have a 1st edition Bible FS? 27_laughing.gif

If that GL 89 is the Aramaic/Latin/dead language special edition then you'll see this book soar to prices never seen before, come this Ash Wednesday - new speculator fodder confused-smiley-013.gif - just phtoshop in Mel's face on to Olly and that James Caviezel's face where the Christ figure is, post it on eBay and watch it skyrocket like that MArvel Western or Archie Pep comics we were talking about in Comics General smile.gif

Wow, someone actually tried to put this thread back on track - how'd that happen?

I managed to win 81 with white pages on eBay over the weekend (although the seller hasn't sent me a bill or responded to any of my e-mails for the past few days).

And (I'm not ashamed to admit) I'm trying to do this little mini-collection on the cheap - so I'm not looking to spend more than 2x guide.

Thanks!

Larry

Uhhh... I know you're trying to put the collection together cheaply, but you might want to consider that on the GL 76 you'll have to pay primo, primo bucks.

A GL 76 in CGC 9.4 will command stupid money.

If somebody wants to sell me a GL 76 in CGC 9.4 i'd be more than happy to pay 4x guide. And that would probably be cheap, and I'd never get it at THAT price.

As to the others getting them in 9.2 CGC at 2x guide is probably doable, although some (like the first John Stewart) will be significantly more difficult than others.

What is guide on a GL#76 9.4? Isn't it it something like $250? 27_laughing.gif

Didn't one of the Shuley boys sell his 9.2 for $1200?

We've talked about this before, and Foolkiller is right. You won't find this book near guide in any grade. Guide isn't even close on this one. Look for a F/F+ to set you back around $200+.

Uhhh... I know you're trying to put the collection together cheaply, but you might want to consider that on the GL 76 you'll have to pay primo, primo bucks.

A GL 76 in CGC 9.4 will command stupid money.

If somebody wants to sell me a GL 76 in CGC 9.4 i'd be more than happy to pay 4x guide. And that would probably be cheap, and I'd never get it at THAT price.

6-8x would actually take one home. Prices have ranged between $1500 and $2000+ for 9.4s. 9.0s have sold for over 2x NM guide. Ignoring more obscure books like Albedo 2 or 35 and 30 cent variants (which are undervalued sometimes by a factor of 50-100x), that book is the most painfully undervalued book in the guide.

Yeah, I thought $200 for a F/F+ seemed a little high, but Chris's info on the GL 76 in NM- or NM (CGC) is right. The book is stupid money for the high grade. If you'll settle for 8.0 or less, the prices aren't as crazy... guide comes more into play. Dealers have priced raw copies higher than many CGC copies of the book in the same grade. That's insane. The poster said they were trying to aquire this series on the cheap, and I just wanted to point out that getting the GL #76 in CGC 9.2 or 9.4 is not a realistic expectation at double guide. or triple guide for that matter.