• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You did what? A pedigree love story.

241 posts in this topic

Great story. It had chills spills and thrills I give it two (thumbs u

Wow, you're easy to entertain.

And your easily impressed so big whoop. :P

I'm not sure how you took that, but I was just poking at Watson, not you in any way. Sorry about that.

Great story. It had chills spills and thrills I give it two (thumbs u

Wow, you're easy to entertain.

And your easily impressed so big whoop. :P

I'm not sure how you took that, but I was just poking at Watson, not you in any way. Sorry about that.

Don't worry, Lawrence isn't easily offended. He's been greggy hardened. :blush:

You can still easily have it assigned a pedigree right?

Jim was fortunate to have high res scans in a slab with 'Northland' slapped on it.

In the absence of this, a clear paper trail would usually have to be provided as evidence.

Precisely, or fortunate enough to have had the certificate... which I wasn't. I wonder if Goldman would issue replacement certs for slabbed books?

Eh, whatever you had it pressed. It is a pedigree, but it is a silverage book that is not a key. I am so desensitized to pressing, that it is getting hard for me to care this stuff anymore.

Then why post anything.

Why do i feel like this is all an elaborate jab at Toronto Jim?

I don't see any malice in this post at all...he took an 8.0 Northland and turned into a 9.0 book with a Northland notation on it.

Doc isn't a doctor at all but some kind of freaking magician :acclaim:

Jim

So you tracked down an undisclosed Pedigree, sent it in for pressing, got a nice grade and $$$ bump (not to mention PQ) and are posting this for us all to bathe in your largess?

Not really, I thoguht it was a fun story, but feel free to all over it and then find some way to brand yourself a martyr in the process. (thumbs u

So you tracked down an undisclosed Pedigree, sent it in for pressing, got a nice grade and $$$ bump (not to mention PQ) and are posting this for us all to bathe in your largess?

Not really, I thoguht it was a fun story

It was a *great* story.. right up until you pressed it into a 9.0.

I may be late to the party, but isn't pressing of Pedigrees frowned upon by most collectors - kinda defeats the purpose of a Pedigree notation if you're gonna flatten it.

off, Vince.

I may be late to the party, but isn't pressing of Pedigrees frowned upon by most collectors - kinda defeats the purpose of a Pedigree notation if you're gonna flatten it.

Actually, its the pressing of Pedigrees and resubmitting them without their Pedigree notation that is frowned upon by most collectors.

Just Pressing them seems to be a thorn in the side for all of about four Boardies, the rest of us really don't care one way or another.

Sweet Jim, you managed to cleverly start another Pressing thread.... :makepoint:

off, Vince.

Joe C is just being a little troll, ignore his :censored: Congrats on the bump, nice story.

Actually, its the pressing of Pedigrees and resubmitting them without their Pedigree notation that is frowned upon by most collectors.

Just Pressing them seems to be a thorn in the side for all of about four Boardies, the rest of us really don't care one way or another.

Sweet Jim, you managed to cleverly start another Pressing thread.... :makepoint:

yep. not being sneaky at all. (thumbs u

off, Vince.

Squared.