• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, Marvel Studios. Anybody Home?

32 posts in this topic

i thought the directors cut of dd was good. sure the fight scene in the park was a bitter pill to swallow. but it was a very underated movie. i think it has now gotten to the point that anyone who talks about that movie feels that they have to bad mouth it because it is the cool thing to do. i thought it was cool how they threw all of the marvel artists and writers out there in that movie. i would like to see a dd movie that had the punisher in it. being a punisher fan i would like to see it with hopes that being with dd may jump start a really good punisher movie. as far as spidey they have said for sure it is going to be an ultimate spiderman movie. will be interesting to see who gets the part of peter parker in this one. glad the black widow is in iron man 2. lets hope that captain america works this time.

Jon Faverau decided the Mandarin was 'too fantastical' supposedly.

Definitely see him popping up in the future though as the leader behind the scenes.

Cant wait for IM2. Preview showing over here next Thursday :cry: but I am away till Monday so I will have to wait

edited for spelling 'pooping up?'

i thought the directors cut of dd was good. sure the fight scene in the park was a bitter pill to swallow. but it was a very underated movie. i think it has now gotten to the point that anyone who talks about that movie feels that they have to bad mouth it because it is the cool thing to do. i thought it was cool how they threw all of the marvel artists and writers out there in that movie. i would like to see a dd movie that had the punisher in it. being a punisher fan i would like to see it with hopes that being with dd may jump start a really good punisher movie. as far as spidey they have said for sure it is going to be an ultimate spiderman movie. will be interesting to see who gets the part of peter parker in this one. glad the black widow is in iron man 2. lets hope that captain america works this time.

Watching it on cable again the other night, I WANTED to like it...

Thought MAYBE I under rated it...

but Affleck sucks, he's a very wooden actor...

and everyone else seemed to be over acting...

it was like an Adam West Batman episode that really took itself seriously...

The fight scenes stunk...they really need a Yuen Wo-ping to choreograph these things so they don't look so soft...

just my opinion...

i thought the directors cut of dd was good. sure the fight scene in the park was a bitter pill to swallow...

That's the problem, they may have added a few things and tweaked a bit here and there, but the majority of the horrible stuff is still there.

The fight scene in the park has to be one of the worst sequences in movie history, but what about all the other stupidity like Cipher tossing the match into the DD gas-drawing (how did he know it was there again?), the idiotic "I beat up hoards of criminals before, but now I need RAIN to even see the Kingpin", etc. stuff? There are tons more and I made a post of all the idiocy in this movie, but I think I'm blocking it now.

And then we have bon mots like "I didn't catch your name".. "I didn't give it" - GROAN! doh! Worst movie dialogue EVAH!

Daredevil is just a bad movie, the writing sucks, the acting sucks, the directing sucks, the sets suck, the costumes suck, the soundtrack sucks, the camera work sucks, the stunts suck - it has absolutely no redeeming features at all.

i thought the directors cut of dd was good. sure the fight scene in the park was a bitter pill to swallow...

That's the problem, they may have added a few things and tweaked a bit here and there, but the majority of the horrible stuff is still there.

The fight scene in the park has to be one of the worst sequences in movie history, but what about all the other stupidity like Cipher tossing the match into the DD gas-drawing (how did he know it was there again?), the idiotic "I beat up hoards of criminals before, but now I need RAIN to even see the Kingpin", etc. stuff? There are tons more and I made a post of all the idiocy in this movie, but I think I'm blocking it now.

And then we have bon mots like "I didn't catch your name".. "I didn't give it" - GROAN! doh! Worst movie dialogue EVAH!

Daredevil is just a bad movie, the writing sucks, the acting sucks, the directing sucks, the sets suck, the costumes suck, the soundtrack sucks, the camera work sucks, the stunts suck - it has absolutely no redeeming features at all.

You are forgetting the weekend long Nor'easter a lot of us New England moviegoers had to fight(risking our lives and cars)to see it on it's opening weekend too. rantrant

Never again.

Let me get this straight - you saw *this* and decided the movie was worth risking life and limb to go see? doh!
You must remember the marketing campaign, everyone was touting it to be "The next Spider-Man...", even though the trailers suggested it was just a remake of The Crow with it's visuals, lol .

Let me get this straight - you saw *this* and decided the movie was worth risking life and limb to go see? doh!
You must remember the marketing campaign, everyone was touting it to be "The next Spider-Man...".

Yeah, I know, fanboys gotta see it for themselves. doh!

I think Fox owns the rights to Kingpin as a result of the Daredevil film.

China is a growing market in regards to ticket sales(among other things) and I believe a character like the Mandarin has the potential to rub some the wrong way if not handled with kids gloves. I don't want to see a watered down Mandarin if that's our only option. I would greatly prefer an Iron Man movie with the Crimson Dynamo.

I'm not so sure that the Mandarin would rub some people the wrong way as much as it would represent the Iron Man series making the jump from technological villany to "supernatural/otherworldly" villany as the Mandarin's 10 rings of power are an alien/mythic source of power. It would probably run contrary to the "vibe" they've established in the movies. Probably why we won't see Fin Fang Foom anytime soon either. Personally I would love to see the Mandarin and see them feature a film that pits Iron Man and his technological power against magic or the supernatural.

Now, Crimson Dynamo would be a technological menace that would fit right in but.....he's just an Iron Man clone and the Cold War was over a loooong time ago. I think that an updated version of the Living Laser or (and I'm not kidding...) The Wizard could be cool. The Absorbing Man would make a cool Iron Man villain too.

I think I remember watching Daredevil on some weekend while I was away at my Army Officer Basic program... after leaving the theater, I distinctly recall thinking, "Sheesh. That just didn't cut it."

Fast forward a few years to when I picked up my copy of DD 181. I remember first thinking, "This was a great comic. I get why Miller gets credit for his run on DD." Then, the next thought that came to mind was "Wow! That movie from a few years back must have pulled right from this issue!" The concluding thought, "Miller must be pizzed off after how they screwed up such a good issue."

:shrug:

I think Fox owns the rights to Kingpin as a result of the Daredevil film.

China is a growing market in regards to ticket sales(among other things) and I believe a character like the Mandarin has the potential to rub some the wrong way if not handled with kids gloves. I don't want to see a watered down Mandarin if that's our only option. I would greatly prefer an Iron Man movie with the Crimson Dynamo.

I'm not so sure that the Mandarin would rub some people the wrong way as much as it would represent the Iron Man series making the jump from technological villany to "supernatural/otherworldly" villany as the Mandarin's 10 rings of power are an alien/mythic source of power. It would probably run contrary to the "vibe" they've established in the movies. Probably why we won't see Fin Fang Foom anytime soon either. Personally I would love to see the Mandarin and see them feature a film that pits Iron Man and his technological power against magic or the supernatural.

Now, Crimson Dynamo would be a technological menace that would fit right in but.....he's just an Iron Man clone and the Cold War was over a loooong time ago. I think that an updated version of the Living Laser or (and I'm not kidding...) The Wizard could be cool. The Absorbing Man would make a cool Iron Man villain too.

Wasn't there a lame attempt to introduce Absorbing Man in Hulk 1?

like i say i think the dd directors cut was a good movie. it wasnt great by any stretch. but it was good. i think when it comes to comic movies dd is the one that everyone thinks is cool to hate. i cant wait for iron man 2. i hope it doesnt disappoint. i can say after watching kickass friday iron man will have to be top notch to be the best comic movie of the summer. going to see the losers tonight. i read a review where they said it was " a movie like most cheap action movies from the 80's." they said it was terrible. all i could think while reading that review was how much i liked those 80's action flicks. so with each negative thing they said it made me want to see it that much more.besides where else can you see the human torch i mean captain america be a computer geek.