• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I don't see anything to blow up about, lots of women AND men have self esteem issues, check the sales of Rogaine...I'm really happy however, to see that you recognize those issues as a problem, because when I read your signature, I didn't realize it was in jest!

(thumbs u

Agreed. I get self esteem issues at 30, over thinning areas too, if the sun hits just right in pictures.

slime.jpg

I figured it was a natural thing. Not really media related, but maybe because I am still single too, and I'm might not find anyone that looks beyond looks.

That's my sob story on my own insecurity.

I hope that's where this thread is going and not out to hurt people on this Saturday afternoon.

Sorry to interrupt, but can somebody please post the Avengers 57 scans Frank used in his sale thread? I know there are multiple images of the book in this thread, but I want to be clear on which are which. Thanks.

Scroll to the beginning, lol;)

:sorry:

Many men get dissatisfied with their mates because they see pictures of women that look "better" when in fact they generally don't look like that in real life.

I think it's the other way around. I think women are always dissatisfied with themselves because they're trying to live up to those impossible standards.

Even if you're dating a perfect 10, it often gets old. Just the way we're wired. I don't think any reasonably intelligent guy over 25 actually thinks real women look like that.

you thought wrong hun

Yeah (tsk)

Yeah, I almost blew up about it but I just don't have the energy

Oh, give me a freaking break, there's nothing to blow up about. Yeah, no women have body/self-esteem issues as a result of the ridiculous standards set by the media. :eyeroll:

Maybe it doesn't apply to you, or maybe it does and you won't admit it; either way, don't act like the problem doesn't exist.

I don't see anything to blow up about, lots of women AND men have self esteem issues, check the sales of Rogaine...I'm really happy however, to see that you recognize those issues as a problem, because when I read your signature, I didn't realize it was in jest!

(thumbs u

I think the quote in my sig is hilarious because it hits on a bunch of cultural stereotypes. It isn't meant to offend American women any more than it's meant to offend English chefs, or adress serious socio-economic inequalities in China.

(thumbs u

Agreed. I get self esteem issues at 30, over thinning areas too, if the sun hits just right in pictures.

slime.jpg

I figured it was a natural thing. Not really media related, but maybe because I am still single too, and I'm might not find anyone that looks beyond looks.

That's my sob story on my own insecurity.

I hope that's where this thread is going and not out to hurt people on this Saturday afternoon.

eeww I hope you have water shoes on..that muck looks slimy

Edited by LovinTheSurfer

Sorry to interrupt, but can somebody please post the Avengers 57 scans Frank used in his sale thread? I know there are multiple images of the book in this thread, but I want to be clear on which are which. Thanks.
Go to the start of the thread.

I litterally have to beat my 16 and 14 year old daughters to get them to eat properly, because of the pressure out there (both peer and society), on "looks"...

all the parental "ok" in the world, doesn't change or alleviate that pressure, we just have to hope we have raised the kids to be happy with who they are :wishluck:

hm

So to help stop the stereotyping, you'll not be posting any more Jessica Beal threads? :shrug:.

I'm sure your daughters are smart and nice to others....hopefully, they will learn that is what lasts:) There are plenty of guys with self esteem issues too...but most people recognize actors and actresses as just that....and know that Wonder Woman and Jessica Rabbit, Green Lantern and Batman are drawn and they can enjoy the pictures and the drawings for the art.

I enjoy the pictures you guys post...they never offend me and I never thought I had to look that way, neither does my daughter, nor any of my friends daughters.

no way will I stop posting about JBiel...my kids know the difference between "fantasy" and reality... I just feel that the pressure on kids today appears, at least from my vantage point, to be so much greater than it was 25+ years ago when I was their age, that I just try to anchor them best I can

slime.jpg

eeww I hope you have water shoes on..that muck looks slimy

Nope. I am used to getting in horrible areas to fix stuff.

crazyguy21.jpg

I was setting up irrigation hose stakes at my pond for the garden. I have to admit it was the grossest smell, I have ever smelled.

But, I do have a pair of crocs.

Many men get dissatisfied with their mates because they see pictures of women that look "better" when in fact they generally don't look like that in real life.

I think it's the other way around. I think women are always dissatisfied with themselves because they're trying to live up to those impossible standards.

Even if you're dating a perfect 10, it often gets old. Just the way we're wired. I don't think any reasonably intelligent guy over 25 actually thinks real women look like that.

you thought wrong hun

Yeah (tsk)

Oh, give me a freaking break, there's nothing to blow up about. Yeah, no women have body/self-esteem issues as a result of the ridiculous standards set by the media. :eyeroll:

Maybe it doesn't apply to you, or maybe it does and you won't admit it; either way, don't act like the problem doesn't exist.

Not saying that the problem doesn't exist, but please don't go assuming that every woman hates their body just because we may not have $$ to look fake. You're not a female, so I guess you just wouldn't understand

Uh, not sure where I said anything about not having the $$$ to look fake, and I can't stand plastic surgery myself.

My point to Roy was that often women are the ones who are unnecessarily hard on themselves and their appearance, not the other way around. Any guy who deals with living, breathing women understands that they don't look the way they do in magazines, and personally I wouldn't want them to. And women certainly shouldn't aspire to look that way, since it's impossible.

You are absolutely right.

I've spoken to lots of women and they for the most part are extremely competitive and therefore insecure about the way they are perceived. In fact, it seems that the more attractive they that the more insecure they are which is the opposite of what you would believe to be the case.

I think Lou is perfect and yet somehow she manages to find something wrong with herself. I'm sure it's the same with most women.

I think men and women need their wells filled by the opposite sex, just in different ways.

Women want to be made to feel like women. Treasured, subject of your devotion, loyal...you get the point.

Men want to me made to feel like men. Not emasculated, controlled or made to feel like they don't wear the pants.

I know it sounds sexist, but it's not meant to be. There are roles for each person to play but as equals.

Most relationship problems seem to stem from one or a mix of these two things not being managed.

you thought wrong hun

Yeah (tsk)

The keepers are the ones that are happy within their own skin.

And if I may add "the least amount of problems"

Just my 2c

(thumbs u

I litterally have to beat my 16 and 14 year old daughters to get them to eat properly, because of the pressure out there (both peer and society), on "looks"...

all the parental "ok" in the world, doesn't change or alleviate that pressure, we just have to hope we have raised the kids to be happy with who they are :wishluck:

I've worked really hard at getting my 15 year old to eat according to her health and not weight (there is a really big difference...skinny is not healthier than heavy folks).

I think she's finally come around. I swear it was like pulling teeth for a while trying to get her to eat a meal.

you thought wrong hun

Yeah (tsk)

The keepers are the ones that are happy within their own skin.

And if I may add "the least amount of problems"

Just my 2c

(thumbs u

:acclaim:

you thought wrong hun

Yeah (tsk)

Not saying that the problem doesn't exist, but please don't go assuming that every woman hates their body just because we may not have $$ to look fake. You're not a female, so I guess you just wouldn't understand

Uh, not sure where I said anything about not having the $$$ to look fake, and I can't stand plastic surgery myself.

My point to Roy was that often women are the ones who are unnecessarily hard on themselves and their appearance, not the other way around. Any guy who deals with living, breathing women understands that they don't look the way they do in magazines, and personally I wouldn't want them to. And women certainly shouldn't aspire to look that way, since it's impossible.

You are absolutely right.

I've spoken to lots of women and they for the most part are extremely competitive and therefore insecure about the way they are perceived. In fact, it seems that the more attractive they that the more insecure they are which is the opposite of what you would believe to be the case.

I think Lou is perfect and yet somehow she manages to find something wrong with herself. I'm sure it's the same with most women.

I think men and women need their wells filled by the opposite sex, just in different ways.

Women want to be made to feel like women. Treasured, subject of your devotion, loyal...you get the point.

Men want to me made to feel like men. Not emasculated, controlled or made to feel like they don't wear the pants.

I know it sounds sexist, but it's not meant to be. There are roles for each person to play but as equals.

Most relationship problems seem to stem from one or a mix of these two things not being managed.

Yes, it sounds sexist :baiting:

You can't put people into pigeon holes. It's not ALL women, all men. I can't think of a single woman I know who needs to feel that way, except perhaps one day during the month.

My husband loves me in pants;) He just figures it's easier if he only has to make decisions that he HAS to make;) and he's macho enough, lol.

I do know you are trying through;) and please say hi to Louise!

Wasn't meaning to stereotype, but I guess a better way of saying it is if each person feels respected in their particular role then the relationship is generally better off.

We all now know that you wear the pants.

:insane:

Lou says hi.

(thumbs u

Wasn't meaning to stereotype, but I guess a better way of saying it is if each person feels respected in their particular role then the relationship is generally better off.

We all now know that you wear the pants.

:insane:

Lou says hi.

(thumbs u

I have to, he's got a huge height advantage...which he proves by putting his chin on the top of my head and laughing at me...he's just about to do that now;)

Think I'll go drag him outside in the sun now, lol.

Later!

I can't think of a single woman I know who needs to feel that way

These discussions are silly because we all instinctually hide our insecurities, and some people can hide them really well. I have dated some women that I thought were beautiful and extremely confident, only to find out about some seriously deep rooted insecurities much later in the relationship. To assume that people are secure because they don't openly display their insecurities is ludicrous, because as I said, our instinct is to hide them at all costs.

To me, at least in this society, common sense dictates that the majority of women, particularly younger women, are fixated on their appearance, as evidenced by the plethora of fashion mags, the fact that plastic surgeons own Yachts, the fact that women spend in the 5 figures on makeup annually, and the fact that the fashion industry is largely catered to women.

I can't think of a single woman I know who needs to feel that way

These discussions are silly because we all instinctually hide our insecurities, and some people can hide them really well. I have dated some women that I thought were beautiful and extremely confident, only to find out about some seriously deep rooted insecurities much later in the relationship. To assume that people are secure because they don't openly display their insecurities is ludicrous, because as I said, our instinct is to hide them at all costs.

To me, at least in this society, common sense dictates that the majority of women, particularly younger women, are fixated on their appearance, as evidenced by the plethora of fashion mags, the fact that plastic surgeons own Yachts, the fact that women spend in the 5 figures on makeup annually, and the fact that the fashion industry is largely catered to women.

Would you kindly explain to me why you insist on going on about this? You are not a woman, nor will you ever be. Therefore, how can you know how all or majority of women feel? Because you have seen what society can do to women you know? I'm just a bit confused as to why you keep going on about this...