• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

Feh! 406+ posts since I left yesterday and no resolution to this mess? hm

What's the deal? lol

oh, I think it was resolved...

Frank says the books are different, nothing wrong done, his closest board friends support him (although apparently privately, not publicly)

99% of the boards say the books are the same from the compelling visual evidence and frank has lost the trust of 99% of the board...

pretty much sums it up

Rick, as anybody knows I would want to get along with everyone...I get razzed for it all the time...but those books are 100% identical. There is just no question.

Anybody that has owned 1000's and 1000's of books knows that there are no two 100% identical copies.

There are books that I have owned dozens and dozens of copies of and I would be able to tell every single one of them apart.

That's not the case here.

The evidence is pretty simple, in that it's too much of a coincidence that Frank bought a CGC 8.5 and now an exactly identical raw 9.2 is sitting for sale a month later from the same person.

In a court of law it would be a slam dunk.

Now I'm not that fussed about the fact that he calls it a 9.2. It even looks like a 9.2 from the scan (okay, maybe a 9.1) but what I am fussed about is an outright lie.

I can't go against what my eyes show me as naked evidence.

If he has friends that are supporting him, then it sounds like a whole new division has been created over this incident and that is what is really, really sad. On the one hand I don't want to lose some board members as friends and on the other hand I can't go against what my eyes are telling me is sitting in front of me.

well, the court of the boards has already deteremined they are the same book...and have found frank guilty...

that said, it is statistically possible that 2 books contain identical flaws (I know, I know)... and since I am a friend of the damned, I can not be a judge or on the boards jury, I am just out here in the aisles, shaking my head at the situation...

You have to mix equal parts deadpan and smartass. :hi:
More deadpan. :popcorn:

I prefer more smartass. ;)

Check out the gay Archie thread. (thumbs u

lol

The first part of the thread where it was fun with me and the_black_hand, not the crappy part that comes after that.

lol

The first part of the thread where it was fun with me and the_black_hand, not the crappy part that comes after that.

(thumbs u

lol

(thumbs u

I think what Watson means about crappy part is the colon joke.

:baiting:

...and he shouldn't call BL a smartass.

(tsk)

What's the deal? lol

Frank says the books are different, nothing wrong done, his closet board friends support him (although apparently privately, not publicly)

99% of the boards say the books are the same from the compelling visual evidence and frank has lost the trust of 99% of the board...

pretty much sums it up

Wrong! Not so fast, Gator!!

One issue of vital importance remains unresolved.

Why don't I ever receive the South Florida Posse newsletter?

The SFP Herald Tribune used to arrive via London dispatch to my PO Box every other Wolf Moon, Hare Moon, Mead Moon, & Barley Moon.

Now nothing & I wanna know why, damnit.

Did you pay your union dues?

Thats BS! :makepoint:

I think they now have a discriminatory "Hair must be this ___ long to enter" policy. :rulez: Shameful. (tsk)

What's the deal? lol

Frank says the books are different, nothing wrong done, his closet board friends support him (although apparently privately, not publicly)

pretty much sums it up

The SFP Herald Tribune used to arrive via London dispatch to my PO Box every other Wolf Moon, Hare Moon, Mead Moon, & Barley Moon.

I think they now have a discriminatory "Hair must be this ___ long to enter" policy. :rulez: Shameful. (tsk)

Tupenny has no hair, so that can't be it.

On the one hand I don't want to lose some board members as friends and on the other hand I can't go against what my eyes are telling me is sitting in front of me.

It is too bad his "backers" aren't public so I know who to ignore going forward. Who in hell needs friends like these.

It is just sad and stupid.

If he has friends that are supporting him, then it sounds like a whole new division has been created over this incident and that is what is really, really sad. On the one hand I don't want to lose some board members as friends and on the other hand I can't go against what my eyes are telling me is sitting in front of me.

You mean those invisible friends that are supporting him in private? Similar to the invisible buyer who bought this book at Wondercon? And then bought it on ebay as well?

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about them.

What's the deal? lol

Frank says the books are different, nothing wrong done, his closest board friends support him (although apparently privately, not publicly)

pretty much sums it up

Rick, as anybody knows I would want to get along with everyone...I get razzed for it all the time...but those books are 100% identical. There is just no question.

Anybody that has owned 1000's and 1000's of books knows that there are no two 100% identical copies.

There are books that I have owned dozens and dozens of copies of and I would be able to tell every single one of them apart.

That's not the case here.

The evidence is pretty simple, in that it's too much of a coincidence that Frank bought a CGC 8.5 and now an exactly identical raw 9.2 is sitting for sale a month later from the same person.

In a court of law it would be a slam dunk.

Now I'm not that fussed about the fact that he calls it a 9.2. It even looks like a 9.2 from the scan (okay, maybe a 9.1) but what I am fussed about is an outright lie.

I can't go against what my eyes show me as naked evidence.

well, the court of the boards has already deteremined they are the same book...and have found frank guilty...

that said, it is statistically possible that 2 books contain identical flaws (I know, I know)... and since I am a friend of the damned, I can not be a judge or on the boards jury, I am just out here in the aisles, shaking my head at the situation...

lol ...yea,

it's about as likely as winning the Powerball Lottery TWICE in your lifetime that one person would ever own two identical 40 year old books ,then factor in "at the same exact time..."

What's the deal? lol

pretty much sums it up

Tupenny has no hair, so that can't be it.

hm

I guess I will put in my 2c I have sold 2 books to Frank and the transaction was very smooth and I had never had any problems with Frank, but I will say that the evidence is overwhelming against Frank right now. Sorry Frank.

I guess I will put in my 2c I have sold 2 books to Frank and the transaction was very smooth and I had never had any problems with Frank, but I will say that the evidence is overwhelming against Frank right now. Sorry Frank.

Wow, I never knew one could mention the word "Frank" so many times in one post. I wonder if Vanna could sell you a pronoun?

Wow, I never knew one could mention the word "Frank" so many times in one post. I wonder if Vanna could sell you a pronoun?

That's what I'm talking about! ;)

It's like he's clicking his heels 3 times :insane:

lol

You guys were funnier when I was a drunk. :makepoint:

That's what I'm talking about! ;)

I ramped up the smartass just for you. :foryou: