• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Comics introduces first Gay Character.

115 posts in this topic

I'm still going to say this is a great idea. And to anyone who plans on coming in here mouthing of, you are a flaming nutsack.

It's new for Archie and might lend itself to some intriguing story lines, although I would have preferred it to be a gay female character.

I bet Reggie will be the first to get in the .

You're projecting. But it's probably enough to kill this thread.

You mean kill a thread where one just like it was locked about 24 to 48 hours ago? And I'm not projecting. One colonoscopy in my teens was all it took to let me know that wasn't a path I wanted to travel down.

Gotta ask, why did you have a colonoscopy in your teens....did you lose something up there or were you just curious?

yeah, was kinda hinting to that here...............

One colonoscopy in my teens was all it took to let me know that wasn't a path I wanted to travel down.
:roflmao:

:o

Gawd I hope it was covered by medical insurance.

If it is irrelevant, why point it out? You're one of the most intolerant people I've met here, so why don't you practice your own preachings.

I'm intolerant for pointing our your intolerance? :lol:

No - this isn't the first time you've pulled kraap like this.

My kids are tolerant. I'm tolerant. That doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion different than yours. Go back and look at what you wrote, Mr. Tolerant.

I'm saying I don't necessarily want my kids reading about gays in Archie Comics.

You tits need to learn to argue like you have a sack. doh!

For some reason, i had thought before that Jughead was gay as he does not like girls.

His nickname is "Jughead". He's quite popular with the ladies.

Archie is the gay one because he's had two girls fighting over him for years and has yet to tap either one of them.

If it is irrelevant, why point it out? You're one of the most intolerant people I've met here, so why don't you practice your own preachings.

My kids are tolerant. I'm tolerant. That doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion different than yours. Go back and look at what you wrote, Mr. Tolerant.

I'm saying I don't necessarily want my kids reading about gays in Archie Comics.

Then don't buy them Archie books. Problem solved. If you want to be a small minded bigot you'll have to do it in some other comic.

I'm still going to say this is a great idea. And to anyone who plans on coming in here mouthing of, you are a flaming nutsack.

It's new for Archie and might lend itself to some intriguing story lines, although I would have preferred it to be a gay female character.

You mean kill a thread where one just like it was locked about 24 to 48 hours ago? And I'm not projecting. One colonoscopy in my teens was all it took to let me know that wasn't a path I wanted to travel down.

Gotta ask, why did you have a colonoscopy in your teens....did you lose something up there or were you just curious?

Persistent stomach trouble.

Then don't buy them Archie books. Problem solved. If you want to be a small minded bigot you'll have to do it in some other comic.

Why do you have to start name calling?

People are allowed to have differing opinions based on spiritual beliefs without singling them out as bigots.

(shrug)

Me too. I studied the colon for many years and most digestive troubles have very easy fixes. I too had lots of trouble in my late teens and 20's and a few simple changes have kept things running smoothly for the past 20 years.

People are allowed to have differing opinions based on spiritual beliefs without singling them out as bigots.

(shrug)

Not in today's society - the left firmly quashes any "freedom of speech" that they don't like, attacking the person for being "intolerant" or calling them "bigots" because they have a differing opinion. They've got it down to a science.

Since I've had stomach troubles myself, I can't make fun of that...Much as I'd like too.

The fun really begins when you hit your sixties and your gall bladder starts messing with you.

For the record, I couldn't care less what they do because I don't think they've actually sold a copy of Archie in 30 years.

I bought about 50 copies of the digests off the grocery store checkout stands for my daughter over the past 10 years. She is now 20. I don't see the value of adding this kind of junk into these titles.

It's probably different perspective when you are actually trying to raise kids.

What do you mean by "this kind of junk"?

(shrug)

What if those beliefs have a negative effect on others, say minority groups?

(shrug)

Not in today's society - the left firmly quashes any "freedom of speech" that they don't like, attacking the person for being "intolerant" or calling them "bigots" because they have a differing opinion. They've got it down to a science.

Differences of opinion should be championed, as long as others don't get hurt by them.

(shrug)

What if those beliefs have a negative effect on others, say minority groups?

That's a tough call because nobody's opinion can take precedence over another.

If tolerance is what people are demanding then shouldn't tolerance run both ways?

I'm not taking a side at all, I'm just saying that people have very deep convictions on both sides of the discussion and one POV is not more valid than another.

I'm talking about physiological, spiritual and philosophical stuff that people spend centuries discussing and get nowhere on.

Keep in mind I am not talking about hate crimes towards any minority. That stuff is outright wrong and those crimes are not ok.

Summary:

- Gay stuff is out there

- I don't like gay stuff, I wish is wasn't out there

- You're a bigot for not accepting gay stuff

- I have a right to my opinion and I hate gay stuff

- I have a right to think your opinion sucks and you suck

- The left hypocritically tries to keep free speech down

- The right and their religion are the bane of society.

Repeat adnauseum and you have Fox News v MSNBC.

Summary:

- Gay stuff is out there

- I don't like gay stuff, I wish is wasn't out there

- You're a bigot for not accepting gay stuff

- I have a right to my opinion and I hate gay stuff

- I have a right to think your opinion sucks and you suck

- The left hypocritically tries to keep free speech down

- The right and their religion are the bane of society.

Repeat adnauseum and you have Fox News v MSNBC.

Hello new best friend! :whee: