• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon

30 posts in this topic

Flights are pretty cheap so I'm thinking about flying in saturday morning and leaving sat night. Is it worth the time?

Awesome show to meet creators and get sketches and signed stuff. Very laid back, very relaxed. If you show up Saturday you should not leave until Sunday morning...the Saturday night art auction is the best, most fun, part of the entire weekend.

Flights are pretty cheap so I'm thinking about flying in saturday morning and leaving sat night. Is it worth the time?

Awesome show to meet creators and get sketches and signed stuff. Very laid back, very relaxed. If you show up Saturday you should not leave until Sunday morning...the Saturday night art auction is the best, most fun, part of the entire weekend.

Didn't know that...good stuff?

Didn't know that...good stuff?

Great stuff. Most of the artists create pieces specifically to be auctioned at the show. Some are done ahead of time but most are done at the show, usually on Saturday and auctioned that night. The proceeds help keep the show afloat and pay the expenses of bringing all that talent into Charlotte.

In years past they lined up 15-20 easels along the back wall of the show with paints, art boards, all the art materials they would need and you can watch all these folks create something special.

There are usually awesome pieces by Hughes, Brooks, Stelfreeze, Peterson, Roux, Noto, and about 100 more pieces. From small pencil drawings to 24x36 paintings are all auctioned on site, Saturday night. No online bidding, it's all live.

I second the notion of staying through the auction. It's usually very crowded, but it's always a lot of fun.

wandering around for the after-parties can be a blast too.

I live bicycling distance from the convention center. :)

(helps me make sure I don't spend too much and no DUI's!)

Is Brian Bolland still going to be at Heroes-con?
Yep

:banana:

must get a sketch!

Hey, you're still going to let me know when to send my books to ya right? :baiting:

Yes sir. Chris will let me know, but I am already standing in line.