• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Channing Tatum in Silver Age Comics store

21 posts in this topic

My girlfriend lives in Astoria (Queens), NY. She just told me that Channing Tatum is filming a scene inside the Silver Age Comics (www.silveragecomics.com / ebay:silver_age_comics) store today. By the time she arrived, there was already a gaggle of screaming teenage girls. It's a small shop and in a very strange location -- it's on the second floor, not visible form the street, and only accessible by first walking up some stairs onto an an elevated subway platform. Strange place for a film shoot though.. it's absolutely impossible to leave that subway station without walking within 30 feet of their front door. :shrug:

My gf also saw Juliette Binoche on set last night in an Astoria diner. Leads me to believe that it's this movie.

No earth shattering news here, but it should be cool to see a local comic shop on the big screen.

My girlfriend lives in Astoria (Queens), NY. She just told me that Channing Tatum is filming a scene inside the Silver Age Comics (www.silveragecomics.com / ebay:silver_age_comics) store today. By the time she arrived, there was already a gaggle of screaming teenage girls. It's a small shop and in a very strange location -- it's on the second floor, not visible form the street, and only accessible by first walking up some stairs onto an an elevated subway platform. Strange place for a film shoot though.. it's absolutely impossible to leave that subway station without walking within 30 feet of their front door. :shrug:

My gf also saw Juliette Binoche on set last night in an Astoria diner. Leads me to believe that it's this movie.

No earth shattering news here, but it should be cool to see a local comic shop on the big screen.

Where are the pics? (shrug)

hm

What does that comic store name sound familiar? Weren't they somehow connected with Dupack? Boy, I could be wrong but I thought there was a store down in the greater NYC area with a store similar to that who was associated with him.

I know Zaid would know for sure since he was working on that issue.

No pics. My girlfriend doesn't have a camera phone. :sorry:

No pics. My girlfriend doesn't have a camera phone. :sorry:

No camera phone?

Unpossible.

my brother took a trip to ny a few years back and went into one of the comic shops looking for some high grade fantastic fours only to be told that sam from lord of the rings (not sure his real name) bought most the the high grade copies. i do not think it was metropolis because if i remember right they told him he would have to make an appointment to see some of their books which i thought was kind of crazy.

hm

What does that comic store name sound familiar? Weren't they somehow connected with Dupack? Boy, I could be wrong but I thought there was a store down in the greater NYC area with a store similar to that who was associated with him.

I believe there might have been a thread or two concerning Silver Age Comics. That is also their eBay ID.

I have never heard of Channing Tatum in my life. Guess that means I am really old.

Nah, I've heard of him and even seen a few movies with him (recently, I watched Fighting on Movie Network HD because I was bored), but the guy's hardly a major star. He's also in those stupid "street dance" movies, which hardly helps his cred.

hm

Silver Age Comics was connected with Greg Jortner, not Dupcek. Jortner owed money to Brent, and Mark Zaid was indeed helping Brent with the case.

my brother took a trip to ny a few years back and went into one of the comic shops looking for some high grade fantastic fours only to be told that sam from lord of the rings (not sure his real name) bought most the the high grade copies. i do not think it was metropolis because if i remember right they told him he would have to make an appointment to see some of their books which i thought was kind of crazy.

:think:

Might have been Metro.. They are right in the middle of Manhattan, but they don't have a store-front so you can't just walk right in. Need to make an appointment first.

Probably not Cosmic Comics.. all the old issues are up on the walls .. happily being bleached by UV rays.

Roger's Time Machine is a possibility.. but I've never been there once when Roger wasn't running the store himself.

Forbidden Planet, Jim Henley, and Midtown Comics don't have back stocks of high-grade SA that I know of..

Silver Age Comics is a half-hour subway ride out of the city in Queens. They (supposedly) have lots of SA/GA stock in boxes right behind the counter, but I wasn't allowed to see it. Both times I visited, the owner was not there and his minions told me I would have to come back another time when he was. (Actually got a pretty bad impression of the place when I visited.. the two guys at the register were foul-mouthed and complaining loudly about some customer service issues with an ebay buyer. Made me not want to visit the store again.. also from the way they were describing the ebay situation, made me not want to buy from them online either. They have been posting some nice books on ebay lately.. been tempted to pull the trigger anyway.)

I have never heard of Channing Tatum in my life. Guess that means I am really old.

Nah, I've heard of him and even seen a few movies with him (recently, I watched Fighting on Movie Network HD because I was bored), but the guy's hardly a major star. He's also in those stupid "street dance" movies, which hardly helps his cred.

lol okay those are things I don't usually watch.