• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my TOS books are all free!!!

50 posts in this topic

woke up this morning and broke out every TOS books i have out their slabs and i must say it was pretty fun....ive enjoy reading every book as i go one by one :cloud9:

but dont get me wrong..i still love a fine CGC book and will keep my random keys still cased

but now my question im keeping the labels so should do i still call cgc to let them know?? for the records they keep?

once they are cracked out

1)they are no longer cgc certified

2)they are no longer eligible for inclusion in the registry

3)labels would need to be returned to true up census BUT

4)I would keep the labels with the books if you ever did want to sell, you could use as a reference

Definitely keep the labels. If you ever decide to sell it will help. You may not get the slabbed price again but there should be no argument about the grade.

As long as the book is still in your possession I don't see the harm in keeping

it in the registry ?

woke up this morning and broke out every TOS books i have out their slabs and i must say it was pretty fun....ive enjoy reading every book as i go one by one :cloud9:

but dont get me wrong..i still love a fine CGC book and will keep my random keys still cased

but now my question im keeping the labels so should do i still call cgc to let them know?? for the records they keep?

:golfclap: I had a session of breaking out just about all my graded comics, and it was indeed pretty fun.

As long as the labels stay with the books you're fine.

I crack my personal books and keep the labels with the books.

If you ever resub then you can mail the labels in.

Good for you for taking the plunge. I personally believe that the hobby will not survive without people enjoying the insides of the books. Covers alone can not a hobby make.

(thumbs u

woke up this morning and broke out every TOS books i have out their slabs

I told you those old timers are pretty persuasive. (thumbs u

I personally believe that the hobby will not survive without people enjoying the insides of the books. Covers alone can not a hobby make.

Aren't TOS reading copies pretty easy to find ? Even in VG - F condition I think they are pretty cheap (shrug)

I personally believe that the hobby will not survive without people enjoying the insides of the books. Covers alone can not a hobby make.

Aren't TOS reading copies pretty easy to find ? Even in VG - F condition I think they are pretty cheap (shrug)

I personally don't like holding a low grade book, but then that's just the Virgo in me. If it works for you that's cool.

(thumbs u

I personally don't like holding a low grade book, but then that's just the Virgo in me. If it works for you that's cool.

(thumbs u

lol....... you make it sound like leprosy Roy. I don't like reading a high grade books cuz the slightest bump knocks $$$ offf the value. Its just too dangerous. Mid grade however are the best reading copies there are (thumbs u

(thumbs u

lol....... you make it sound like leprosy Roy. I don't like reading a high grade books cuz the slightest bump knocks $$$ offf the value. Its just too dangerous. Mid grade however are the best reading copies there are (thumbs u

Oh, I wasn't trying to stigmatize it at all. Some people really enjoy a low grade book.

I enjoy high grade books for exactly the reason that you dislike handling them....because they're delicate and pretty.

:cloud9:

woke up this morning and broke out every TOS books i have out their slabs

I told you those old timers are pretty persuasive. (thumbs u

yeah they were...great guys to talk too..i really enjoyed myself...infact we were outside the store for like a extra 20-30 mins talking about pro's and con's of cgc...great night!!!