• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Got There!!!

307 posts in this topic

Some time around mid-week, I didn't believe I'd make it...but today we opened our doors for the very first time and against all expectations, absolutely nothing went wrong! :o

I can't have slept more than a few hours last night, waking every hour or so to chew over some other 'issue', but when the day arrived, there was nothing but positives. :banana: John managed to fly in at 1.00am on Friday morning, which was a huge plus, but then the icing on the cake was George unexpectedly turning up on the doorstep at 11.30 this morning, having blagged an earlier flight out of Gran Canaria yesterday evening. :applause:

With blue skies overhead and summer clearly on its way, the day was relaxed and very informal. Conversations moved from whether Giordano or Tom Palmer was a better inker for Neal Adams (Palmer won) to staple placement and how much of an anal issue it was for us, to the consequences of a 90 year old using a sex aid (courtesy of Imran (t3quila), a practicing doctor and one who through experience, unfortunately knows :eek: ).

Dinner was hearty if unspectacular but worth the entrance fee simply to see some of our number opting for the staple of 4 year old birthday parties, jelly and ice cream, for desert. doh!

But enough of this bollocks...it's all about the pictures. :D

Launch1.jpg