• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celebrity Authentics Aliens # 1 (variant) signed by Sigourney Weaver

37 posts in this topic

So it's the night cover which should be noted and a C.A variant as well which should also be noted....

I respectfully disagree - it's not a C.A. "variant", because the only thing that sets it apart from any other night cover versions of this book is the signature.

Don't get me wrong here - I think it's an awesome book, the signature looks fantastic, but labelling it a variant because of a signature makes no sense whatsoever.

So it's the night cover which should be noted and a C.A variant as well which should also be noted....

I respectfully disagree - it's not a C.A. "variant", because the only thing that sets it apart from any other night cover versions of this book is the signature.

Don't get me wrong here - I think it's an awesome book, the signature looks fantastic, but labelling it a variant because of a signature makes no sense whatsoever.

I see your point and I think variant is used too loosely when describing something like different comics or covers. But I also think that when you have 100 of the day covers signed and then offer just 25 night covers from the same signing then it is a "variant" to what is being sold. These books are part of a one time signing, have the C.A details and hologram on the label as well. So even if you got a night cover signed these 25 "variants" are still unique and stand apart as being part of this signing and limited to just 25 compared to the 100...But who knows...Here's what C.A did say...

Second in the series is sci-fi's iconic heroine, Sigourney Weaver. Dark Horse's Alien #1 'Daytime' Cover will be limited to 100 Weaver signed comics with a CGC 9.8 grade. A rare variant of the Alien #1 'Night' Cover will also be released and is limited to just 25. This edition has just been released for Pre-Order and are scheduled to ship in April.

Why in the world did you get Siggy Werner to sign your Aliens book. :o

:jokealert:

Great book! I dig the Alien movies. Aliens is my personal favorite. :headbang:

I should mention that I was 100% joking about the legibility of the sig. In fact, it's easily one of the most legible signatures I've seen. The fact that you can clearly tell the first letter of both the first and the last name beats a good majority of the signatures I've seen.

Add in the fact that it was done with a strong silver marker that compliments the tone of the cover and the fact that she didn't sign over the body of the Alien and what you've got here is a sweet, sweet collectible. :)

I should mention that I was 100% joking about the legibility of the sig. In fact, it's easily one of the most legible signatures I've seen. The fact that you can clearly tell the first letter of both the first and the last name beats a good majority of the signatures I've seen.

Add in the fact that it was done with a strong silver marker that compliments the tone of the cover and the fact that she didn't sign over the body of the Alien and what you've got here is a sweet, sweet collectible. :)

No joke - you should see some of the signatures I got done at C2E2 (*cough* Bill Willingham *cough*).

I took it as intended. I was actually shocked at how legible it was until I saw the other book in theis thread.

Regardless, this one is a keeper! :cloud9: