• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wtb scanner for cgc slabs any recommendations

19 posts in this topic

There are about as many threads asking this question as there are members here. You might try a search.

If not, I have an Epson Perfection V100 Photo. It's just a bit too short to catch the whole slab, so you might want a larger bed, but as for quality, it's hard to beat.

I have alot of cgc slabs can anyone recommend a scanner and properties for the scanner. I need the proper resolution to scan and everything you think i might need to know

Do a search using the key words legal and scanner. Limit your search to the general forum using the left window and make sure you choose an appropriate time frame in the lower window (below your search words) to something like, say.....newer than 2 years and you should be able to find about 1000 posts on the exact subject.

Checking off the "in subject" line might also speed things up.

I have alot of cgc slabs can anyone recommend a scanner and properties for the scanner. I need the proper resolution to scan and everything you think i might need to know

Do a search using the key words legal and scanner. Limit your search to the general forum using the left window and make sure you choose an appropriate time frame in the lower window (below your search words) to something like, say.....newer than 2 years and you should be able to find about 1000 posts on the exact subject.

Great info. Do you think we should just have a permanent thread topic on Scanners like we do for shipping comics? This comes up all the time about legal size scanners.

Great info. Do you think we should just have a permanent thread topic on Scanners like we do for shipping comics? This comes up all the time about legal size scanners.

It's only a search away. There are lots of topics that should be stickied and obviously there isn't room for all of them.

The best way to do it would be for a thread to be stickied with links in it to all the various topics that need to be stickied (packaging, scanners, how to use photobucket and especially how to use the forum SEARCH function).

Just name the thread READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE A POST or something along those lines and that should eliminate a lot of trouble.

2c

Edit, maybe if Arch would allow it one person (or a group of people) can make up a thread with most of those links and then have it moderated to add topics so that things don't get lost in there in silly banter....much like the "Ask CGC" forum is moderated before any posts are made.

Edit, maybe if Arch would allow it one person (or a group of people) can make up a thread with most of those links and then have it moderated to add topics so that things don't get lost in there in silly banter....much like the "Ask CGC" forum is moderated before any posts are made.

They should do what most other informative forums do--create a "best of" forum that all the best threads get moved to. Most newbies who read to get some info and then move on would spend virtually all of their time there and noplace else.