• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prescreener?

5 posts in this topic

I just picked up some batman death in the family issues and was considering having them graded. I've seen some mentioning of a prescreener process. Is this something CGC does? Costs? Experiences? Thanks in advance for your responses.

How exactly does that work?

Minimum submissions = 50?

So, you submit 50 comics and tell them what? Only grade those that are 8.0 and above?

Those graded are charged the regular submission fee and rejects are $3 each?

Do many individuals do this? Or do most work out deals with local shops?

How exactly does that work?

Minimum submissions = 50?

So, you submit 50 comics and tell them what? Only grade those that are 8.0 and above?

Those graded are charged the regular submission fee and rejects are $3 each?

Do many individuals do this? Or do most work out deals with local shops?

This was asked in the Ask CGC section: I don't know if the criteria has changed since it was answered. 8/20/2002

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=25958&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

From Gemma:

Our pre-screens work as follows:

For the Modern tier we require at least 100 comics and all other tiers, at least 50 comics. You specify one minimum grade for the entire batch. In approximately a month they will be screened for that grade; those that meet or exceed it will be put in the specified tier at its respective turnaround time and those that are rejected will be returned at a nominal fee per comic (plus shipping and insurance). The fees are as follows: Modern $3 per reject, Economy $ 5 per reject, and Standard $7 per reject . We ask that all comics be in a mylar with a backing board and clearly listed on an invoice.