• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Find the errors!

9 posts in this topic

No idea who he is. But, I don't think he's a scammer. Just new and uninformed. Why do I say this?

Look: http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-issues.asp?t_ID=3649&p=2

He got his info from the CPG database. The prices he's quoting in at least 3 of his auctions are the NM prices. The 1st price is raw and the 2nd is CGC (CPG just recently started adding CGC values to the database).

He got his info for the X-Men # 108 from reading the database wrong. He mistook the infobar below 107A for info on 108.

He's also showing #110, the issue which features Warhawk infiltrating the school, instead of #108 which is the conclusion of the M'Kraan Crystal storyline and the first John Byrne artwork. stooges.gif Hey can someone puh-lease tell me the official definition of "vintage"? I do get tired of sellers digging up stuff from the seventies and calling it vintage, kind of makes me feel like an antique since I was born in the 60s!

It always amazes me how many people read what they want to. This guy may have mis-read the "variant" tag off of CPG, but I've had people look at my list on the site and still decide that their copy of X-men 109 or Ironman 107 must still be variants. I've even had people become beligerent and argue with me about such cases. (Never mind the who have told me to go screw because they don't believe their Star Wars 1-4 are reprints) confused-smiley-013.gif.

(Never mind the who have told me to go screw because they don't believe their Star Wars 1-4 are reprints) confused-smiley-013.gif.

Go screw your self. tongue.gifstooges.gif

FOAD

tongue.gif

I know what Paul means as I have been on the receiving end of abuse from these sellers who insist on their copies also being variants, based on the definition of "variant" - I think its best denoted by regular distribution and limited distribution. And those SW reprints say reprint right on the F'ing price box foreheadslap.gif