• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Legends Tour input - now including Jim Steranko

523 posts in this topic

While some creators don't appreciate that a comic can lose significant value if it is not handled with care, I think that Romita has done this enough to appreciate the need to handle the books carefully.

I don't doubt that. My other concern is that it (will be when it is finished) quad signed, so i hope the sigs look good without a facilitator overseeing them all.

While some creators don't appreciate that a comic can lose significant value if it is not handled with care, I think that Romita has done this enough to appreciate the need to handle the books carefully.

I don't doubt that. My other concern is that it (will be when it is finished) quad signed, so i hope the sigs look good without a facilitator overseeing them all.

Romita also seems good about sig placement.

I can't wait. I am so stoked for all three of mine. :whee:

What books did you sub?

Rawhide Kid 50 CGC 9.6 for Larry Lieber, Nick Fury #1 CGC 9.4 for Steranko and Marvel Double Feature #1 CGC 9.6 for Colan, Lee, Simon and Romita

I can't wait. I am so stoked for all three of mine. :whee:

What books did you sub?

Rawhide Kid 50 CGC 9.6 for Larry Lieber, Nick Fury #1 CGC 9.4 for Steranko and Marvel Double Feature #1 CGC 9.6 for Colan, Lee, Simon and Romita

Nice

I got a but of a wait for mine now but I think I will survive

I'm sure we will start to see economy's arriving by next week.

That's awfully optimistic. Also, it is my understanding that anything that was to be signed by Stan was not signed until SDCC. Also, it is my understanding that none of the Romita books got done because of scheduling issues and are with him right now to be signed and then sent in to CGC.

You are correct on the Stan Lee signed books. They likely were sent in with other SDCC books. I would expect those books to start arriving in September.

I'm sure we will start to see economy's arriving by next week.

That's awfully optimistic. Also, it is my understanding that anything that was to be signed by Stan was not signed until SDCC. Also, it is my understanding that none of the Romita books got done because of scheduling issues and are with him right now to be signed and then sent in to CGC.

I stand corrected. MODERNS might start arriving next week....my bad.

Regarding Mr. Romita, due to circumstances beyond MY control, Mr. Romita was unable to sign the books at the scheduled appointment during the Legends Tour.Ultimately I was given premission by CGC to do a mail away signing with Mr. Romita. Anyone wishing to know the status of your books please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com. As far as Stan Lee signing books during the Legends Tour our scheduled signing with Stan was at SDCC. No other arrangement with Stan was ever conveyed or advertised. For those of you who had multiple signiture requests know that it takes time to arrange and execute the signatures. For all of those who had Jim Shooter signature requests. Mr. Shooter unfortunately never answered the final e-mail to arrange the exact time for the meeting. All of the creators that were listed on the Legends Tour had committed to sign with DWC and those communications were forwarded to CGC as well. The final e-mails to lock down the exact time of signing for each day were all responded to with the exception of Mr. Shooter. We later found out that he was at a small one day show in New Jersey that had we known about, we would have gladly gone by. At this moment all books to be signed by Mr. Shooter are in CGC's possession and arrangements have been made for have them signed in Baltimore. Considering that we had 9 creators scheduled for the Legends Tour, we feel very lucky and fortunate to have succeeded in visiting 7 of the 9 in the short time we were on the East Coast. And that doesn't include us getting Stan Lee on many of these books as well.

Here are my two. Sigs came out nice. Grade drop on the 111 from 9.4 to 9.2, but it happens.

P1340532.jpg

P1340529.jpg

Those are some sweet Books Bro!!

+1 and I really like the signature placement. :headbang:

Thanks guys. My first Steranko sigs, so I was very pleased to see how well they came out.

Regarding Mr. Romita, due to circumstances beyond MY control, Mr. Romita was unable to sign the books at the scheduled appointment during the Legends Tour.Ultimately I was given premission by CGC to do a mail away signing with Mr. Romita. Anyone wishing to know the status of your books please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com. As far as Stan Lee signing books during the Legends Tour our scheduled signing with Stan was at SDCC. No other arrangement with Stan was ever conveyed or advertised. For those of you who had multiple signiture requests know that it takes time to arrange and execute the signatures. For all of those who had Jim Shooter signature requests. Mr. Shooter unfortunately never answered the final e-mail to arrange the exact time for the meeting. All of the creators that were listed on the Legends Tour had committed to sign with DWC and those communications were forwarded to CGC as well. The final e-mails to lock down the exact time of signing for each day were all responded to with the exception of Mr. Shooter. We later found out that he was at a small one day show in New Jersey that had we known about, we would have gladly gone by. At this moment all books to be signed by Mr. Shooter are in CGC's possession and arrangements have been made for have them signed in Baltimore. Considering that we had 9 creators scheduled for the Legends Tour, we feel very lucky and fortunate to have succeeded in visiting 7 of the 9 in the short time we were on the East Coast. And that doesn't include us getting Stan Lee on many of these books as well.

Thanks for the info Chandler