• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

I find most movie critics worthless

rantrant

true dat.

dat true!

You may think that, but Rotten Tomatoes is an excellent source for finding good movies, I never see a movie without checking the website first. I have seen a lot of good movies, that most people never give the time of day, because of that site...and avoided a lot of rubbish at the same time.

Everybody will have differnet opinions about the movie, I am going to see it regardless and will love it just for the fact that it is a new Marvel superhero movie! Maybe I'm too simple but I'm sure it will be worth seeing! (thumbs u

It will be good but were going to hear all these people complain about how it isn`t as good as the Ironman 1,same thing is going on with the Pacific,people are complaining it isn`t as good as Band of Brothers. People just like to compare and disect every nuance of a superhero/ action film.

It'll still be in the top 98% out of all Superhero movies that have ever been made.

Uh, ok...being better than 2% of the other Superhero movies (the Punisher movies, right?) does not instill much confidence.

:baiting:

Rick

I think it's going to be good enough to be a decent superhero flick.

Punisher is not a superhero.

:baiting:

I find most movie critics worthless

rantrant

true dat.

dat true!

You may think that, but Rotten Tomatoes is an excellent source for finding good movies, I never see a movie without checking the website first. I have seen a lot of good movies, that most people never give the time of day, because of that site...and avoided a lot of rubbish at the same time.

What I get a kick out of, is when I rent a film, watch it, really like it and then check RT to see that it got 48%. That's when you realize that reviews aren't always the be all and end all.

What I get a kick out of, is when I rent a film, watch it, really like it and then check RT to see that it got 48%. That's when you realize that reviews aren't always the be all and end all.

If roughly half of reviewers enjoyed a film, that's a decent indication you might enjoy it too--it's pretty much the definition of a mixed review. The only time I know for sure something's wrong with a film is when it gets really low scores like 20% or less. Even then I remain unconvinced there isn't SOMETHING worth watching about a film, it just tells me there's definitely something wrong with it but not necessarily enough to ruin it as an enjoyable popcorn flick. A recent example is Transformers 2...yea, it has a ton wrong with it, but that doesn't mean the effects aren't great and it's not enjoyable to watch if you turn off your critical thinking for a few hours.

I totally agree with that bro.

I read an interview featuring Robert Downey jr. in Mens Health , and He hinted at not liking the role of Tony Stark.

If that's the case, I'm turned off about going to see Iron Man 2.

Liked the fact that Hugh Jackman likes being Wolverine. Made me want to see the Origins movie even more.

I read an interview featuring Robert Downey jr. in Mens Health , and He hinted at not liking the role of Tony Stark.

If that's the case, I'm turned off about going to see Iron Man 2.

Robert Downey, Jr. likes being famous and making money. I suspect he also wants to be respected as an actor and thinks doing these superhero popcorn flicks detracts from that. I was surprised he took the role in the first place and assumed he did it to prove himself as a bankable leading man in a blockbuster following all the drug problems he had a few years ago.

He's claimed in other interviews when the first Iron Man came out that he does like Tony Stark as a character. Maybe he changed his mind over time...maybe he never liked him, said he did to tow the marketing line, and figures he's done with the series and is now willing to let his real opinion be heard...and maybe he's just flaky and his opinion about his career and work varies with his mood. (shrug)

Augh, the post credits scene was revealed today! shouldnt have clicked to look! :frustrated:

Link for those that are not squeamish?

Nevermind. Found it.