• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

I just bought the soundtrack/dvd combo (Wal-mart exclusive) last night and WOW I'm ready to see this movie now!

I've only listened to the soundtrack (which is like an AC/DC greatest hits album) but I'm totally looking forward to the movie. I don't care if the movie is nothing but AC/DC and Ironman blowing the :censored: out of stuff like a two-hour long music video, it's going to be bad-!

Iron Man 2 is NO stinker!

Just came back from the press screening. I can't imagine that anybody who liked the first move, won't like the second one. They used the same cool and funny things from the first one and made an equally good movie. And it has not to much action in it, as some critics wrote. The performances from all actors are great, especially Downey, Rourke and Rockwell. Black Widow is great but you see her in action only at the end. After that action scene you will beg for more. Trust me, she is that good. And just like Iron Man 1 and Hulk you have to watch the end credits roll for another scene that will get all fans excited. If you want to read more about 2 cameo scenes:

2 cool Captain America and Thor cameos (not the characters) are in the movie. The Thor cameo is after the end credits. Tony get's a box with things his father left him, inside is the half finished Captain America shield, but Tony doesn't know what it is of course and uses it for some of his work. And after the end credits you see a crater in New Mexico, sourrounded by SHIELD agents. Than the one agent from the first movie says "We found it" and you see Thor's hammer (worship)

I wouldn't say that Iron Man 2 is better than the first one, but it's certainly not worse. But the end battle ist much better than in Iron Man 1.

Relax guys.

Just saw the movie. It's a lot of fun. Not perfect, but hey.

On balance, I thought it was just as good as the first one. Mickey Rourke is great.

Just came back from the press screening.

Too many spoilers in the open for the average Joe.

:makepoint:

Relax guys.

Just saw the movie. It's a lot of fun. Not perfect, but hey.

On balance, I thought it was just as good as the first one. Mickey Rourke is great.

I think it'll be great.

(thumbs u

Just came back from the press screening.

Too many spoilers in the open for the average Joe.

:makepoint:

hm, and where are the spoilers? I didn't tell anything about the story or something like that. There are 2 things which have a spoiler warning, but not really about story details. So what would the average Joe know after reading my opinion about the movie which would spoil the movie experience?

I think those two details are pretty exciting and I would consider them a spoiler. Just sent you a PM.

(thumbs u

This is a pretty cool story

some guy on youtube remixes the Iron Man 2 trailer

Favreau sees it and likes it and hires the guy to remix it for an official tv spot

I'm sure I'll LOVE it.....my only question is why does it take Iron Man AND War Machine to whup some bloke with a bullwhip wearing panty hose ? (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There will never be a move without some negative critics. Why is everybody so afraid of some reviews. Watch the movie and judge for yourself.

I know that, but the way that RT works is that movies of this caliber are 90% or closer for the

first week (in the first 40 reviews) and then it is brought down to earth with harder critics that step in closer to opening. Here it is in the 70% and it make a significant drop from here that will be a real bad sign.

Anyway kickass was a 70% movie and people here were gaga over it, so you never know.

:P

I'm sure I'll LOVE it.....my only question is why does it take Iron Man AND War Machine to whup some bloke with a bullwhip wearing panty hose ? (shrug) GOD BLESS...

I think there's some other foe in the film--the trailer shows someone hiring Whiplash, so I'm guessing that's the other villain.

Just got back from Iron Man and both the missus and me enjoyed it...

My wife thought it was a little heavy on the action, while I though there wasn't enough.

Middle part dragged a little, set-up was good and the ending was excellent.

Don't want to spoil the movie, so I'll be vague...

The BAD

The actor playing Justin Hammer was quite annoying, tried to come across as the "evil scientist" but I kept seeing Dana Carvey in a bad Saturday Night live sketch.

The disco slug-fest between Iron Man and War Machine was moronic, the low point of the movie.

Mickey Rourke played a character that reminded me a lot of Max Cady played by De Niro, but not as good...a decent performance but not a great one.

The GOOD

Scarlet Johansen stole the movie as the Black Widow...she had so little screen-time, but when she got into SHIELD-mode she was incredible.

I literally got goose-bumps when the Iron Man suite came out of the suitcase for the first time... perfect comic book scene.

The two (yes, count 'em TWO) Belgium jokes

The "comic book insider" trivia ... Cap's shield makes a return, but not like you would expect. Plus a blink-and-you'll-miss-it copy of a Captain America #1 comic book in a suitcase and Stan Lee in a mistaken identity cameo.

The hardest part was staying until after the credits to see the Easter-egg...

When the lights came on, people started flooding out, my wife wanted to go as well but I asked to stay to see the extra scene.

Well the first song ended and we thought we would see it...no such luck, out of the 400 or so people in the audience, about 10 still remained outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed A second song came and went...and then a third and then a fourth \:o

At this point my wife and I were the only ones left in the cinema, except two teens sitting a few rows in front of us...the cinema staff were giving us killer looks and were lined up in front of the screen just trying to mentally force us to leave. I could hear my wife gnashing her teeth and I must have told her three times it was ok for her to leave but I was staying.

After 7 minutes it finally showed...about 30 seconds long and it rocked. So happy I stayed for the hidden scene.

I liked it more than Avatar..that's for sure. Would I go and see it again ? Probably not, but then again there are few movies that I want to see a second time...maybe 5 or 10 out of the legion of movies I've seen in my lifetime

Just got back from Iron Man and both the missus and me enjoyed it...

My wife thought it was a little heavy on the action, while I though there wasn't enough.

Middle part dragged a little, set-up was good and the ending was excellent.

When did you go (and what cinema). Me and my son saw it too today

The BAD

The actor playing Justin Hammer was quite annoying, tried to come across as the "evil scientist" but I kept seeing Dana Carvey in a bad Saturday Night live sketch.

What was up with the dance routine he did when he made his presentation...

The disco slug-fest between Iron Man and War Machine was moronic, the low point of the movie.

Did they add it because there was not enough action during the rest of the movie... (my guess)

Mickey Rourke played a character that reminded me a lot of Max Cady played by De Niro, but not as good...a decent performance but not a great one.

I think he made the move! I want a Mickey Rourke Iron Man version. Would be about 20 minutes long movie if they just use his stuff, but way better then the long version we just saw (leave the Black Widow fight in it too)

The GOOD

Scarlet Johansen stole the movie as the Black Widow...she had so little screen-time, but when she got into SHIELD-mode she was incredible.

Habba, Habba, Habba...

I literally got goose-bumps when the Iron Man suite came out of the suitcase for the first time... perfect comic book scene.

That was a good over the top scene (But I think Rourke made that scene)

The two (yes, count 'em TWO) Belgium jokes

YES! We have been placed on the map!!!

The "comic book insider" trivia ... Cap's shield makes a return, but not like you would expect. Plus a blink-and-you'll-miss-it copy of a Captain America #1 comic book in a suitcase and Stan Lee in a mistaken identity cameo.

Seen the shield... don't tell me I have to see the movie again for the other stuff... :cry:

The hardest part was staying until after the credits to see the Easter-egg...

When the lights came on, people started flooding out, my wife wanted to go as well but I asked to stay to see the extra scene.

Well the first song ended and we thought we would see it...no such luck, out of the 400 or so people in the audience, about 10 still remained outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed A second song came and went...and then a third and then a fourth \:o

At this point my wife and I were the only ones left in the cinema, except two teens sitting a few rows in front of us...the cinema staff were giving us killer looks and were lined up in front of the screen just trying to mentally force us to leave. I could hear my wife gnashing her teeth and I must have told her three times it was ok for her to leave but I was staying.

After 7 minutes it finally showed...about 30 seconds long and it rocked. So happy I stayed for the hidden scene.

I told my son there would be more but he never wants to see. Next time I put my foot down (I always stay until the end)

I liked it more than Avatar..that's for sure. Would I go and see it again ? Probably not, but then again there are few movies that I want to see a second time...maybe 5 or 10 out of the legion of movies I've seen in my lifetime

There have been movies I have seen up to 7 times in the cinema. Iron Man II will not be one of them. Got the first one on DVD, but the second one might only get into the collection when I find it in the sales box

I'll watch Kick again...

There will never be a move without some negative critics. Why is everybody so afraid of some reviews. Watch the movie and judge for yourself.

I know that, but the way that RT works is that movies of this caliber are 90% or closer for the

first week (in the first 40 reviews) and then it is brought down to earth with harder critics that step in closer to opening. Here it is in the 70% and it make a significant drop from here that will be a real bad sign.

Anyway kickass was a 70% movie and people here were gaga over it, so you never know.

:P

Year, but who is rating the movie before it is released in cinemas. Certainly not the fanboys, at least not many fanboys.