• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: IT/Web developers/designers/freelancers, work for free?

30 posts in this topic

The project I am working on will be more successful than twitter within a year.

Are you going to do the logo and charts for me or not?

Step 1: Pay your bill.

Step 2: Pay for work.

Wait a minute. I just read one of his other email pranks. It matches what a board member posted recently about messing with their landlord concerning dogs in their apartment that are not allowed.

Either:

1) David Thorne is a forum member.

or

2) Someone needed attention and copied the story straight off the site.

or

3) We have a copycat prank going on.

http://www.27bslash6.com/strata.html

Wait a minute. I just read one of his other email pranks. It matches what a board member posted recently about messing with their landlord concerning dogs in their apartment that are not allowed.

Either:

1) David Thorne is a forum member.

or

2) Someone needed attention and copied the story straight off the site.

or

3) We have a copycat prank going on.

http://www.27bslash6.com/strata.html

It was Kramerica. He admitted that he grabbed the stuff from Thorne's site - after he got busted.

My standard response to requests for spec work is "How about instead, you give me a pile of money, and if I like the pile enough I will design something for you, eventually."

They then accuse me of being a wise-, and I simply point out that it is the same proposition that they are offering to me.

As an architect I found this refreshingly amusing...I was able to astral-project myself into David Thorne's position and send the same responses to some of our clients...too bad I can't really do it in real-life and must kiss azz and grovel instead... :tonofbricks: