• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

192 posts in this topic

Buyer: Will you sell me the book under these conditions?

Seller: No.

Buyer: Well what about with these conditions?

Seller: No.

Buyer: :cry: I don't like you and will now complain to everybody who will listen.

You mean someone else that isn't aware of PGX's reputation, and therefore will actually believe that the book is guaranteed restoration-free and in the listed condition? Yep, it's always a good business model to take advantage of the ill-informed :thumbsup:

The segment of the comic collecting community that does not frequent the CGC boards is way, way bigger than those who do. Therefore it's silly to think that the entire collecting population knows all about PGX's reputation. I've spoken to various non boardies who have submitted to PGX and they just see them as the "cheaper alternative". To call them ignorant or deliberately hiding resto as you did earlier, is unbelievably arrogant.

Caught your edit.

The seller is staying that he was giving an unconditional 90 day guarantee that the book was unrestored. Just didn't want to give a promise on grade.

Don't know if you read that or not.

Roy ask the seller to produce the follow up e-mails that said I didnt care so much about the grade as much as I cared about restro. Like I said in the above post He admits he ignored me.

You mean someone else that isn't aware of PGX's reputation, and therefore will actually believe that the book is guaranteed restoration-free and in the listed condition? Yep, it's always a good business model to take advantage of the ill-informed :thumbsup:

The segment of the comic collecting community that does not frequent the CGC boards is way, way bigger than those who do. Therefore it's silly to think that the entire collecting population knows all about PGX's reputation. I've spoken to various non boardies who have submitted to PGX and they just see them as the "cheaper alternative". To call them ignorant or deliberately hiding resto as you did earlier, is unbelievably arrogant.

I concur (thumbs u

I have bought several books from Ken in the past. Mainly lower grade, somewhat rarer GA books. One book came back from CGC restored with tear seals. Ken offered me the following options:

1. He would take the book back and refund me my money, or

2. He would reimburse me the grading CGC cost.

I took the second option as I wanted to keep the book and I received the check from Ken promptly.

I in no way felt he was trying to deceive me and there was no issue from him making good on the book. There is no doubt he doesn't agree with CGC and that is his prerogative.

I don't Ken personally but my transactions with him have been been all been positive.

I'm not casting blame on either party just sharing my dealings with the seller.

Caught your edit.

The seller is staying that he was giving an unconditional 90 day guarantee that the book was unrestored. Just didn't want to give a promise on grade.

Roy ask the seller to produce the follow up e-mails that said I didnt care so much about the grade as much as I cared about restro. Like I said in the above post He admits he ignored me.

I just read your last post just as I typed my response to BL.

I'll just say that if someone is difficult to deal with then it's sometimes better to just leave them be and that goes in both directions.

lol

Trey, something tells me you're not a story teller by nature.

:baiting:

Untill the potential seller provides the follow up e-mails to prove me wrong I am finshed with this and my oppinion remains the same IMHO i think he overreacted and had a bad attitude. I am entitled to my oppion and to voice it. Just like any of you have the right to voice your oppinion of me and anyone else. Fact is its moot point because He has me blocked and I refuse to do business with him.

I voice my oppinion and you guys cam decide yourselfs.

Name calling and remarks about me don't change the fact and I will not entertain them as I feel so Is not appropriate .

Trey

From the original listing:

"My Guarantee! Once you receive the book, if you are not 100% happy with it, you can return the book in the undamaged/unopened PGX holder for a full refund of the purchase price. I put up Hi-Rez pics of the front and back covers of all the books, which is far more than most sellers, so it's only fair that you are responsible for the shipping costs to and from. Also, If you buy a book from me and within 90 days of receipt you have it graded by CGC and it is found to be restored, I will Happily Refund all of your costs. Shipping, Grading, Cost of the Book, everything. All I ask is that the book be sent to me in the undamaged CGC holder with receipts and I will refund your $ immediately upon receipt. I keep hi-res scans of every comic I sell, so there is no confusion as to whether the book was the one I sold or not. I stand behind everything I sell, unlike most other ebay sellers."

Caught your edit.

I'll just say that if someone is difficult to deal with then it's sometimes better to just leave them be and that goes in both directions.

lol

What does that mean?

Caught your edit.

lol

Thank you Roy you have dealt with me on a very large purchase I told you about when I could pay it off and why and I did so well that I paid it off much earlier than I first thought. That alone shows that I am good to my word

Caught your edit.

With damned good reason, by the look of things. meh

Tell me, Trey, why didn't you tell the whole truth when you started this thread? Why didn't you explain about the perfectly reasonable initial response you received from the seller? Why did you lie about his returns policy for restored books? (shrug)

What does that mean?

What do you think it means...other than what it literally means?

doh!

Untill the potential seller provides the follow up e-mails to prove me wrong I am finshed with this and my oppinion remains the same IMHO i think he overreacted and had a bad attitude. I am entitled to my oppion and to voice it. Just like any of you have the right to voice your oppinion of me and anyone else. Fact is its moot point because He has me blocked and I refuse to do business with him.

I voice my oppinion and you guys cam decide yourselfs.

Name calling and remarks about me don't change the fact and I will not entertain them as I feel so Is not appropriate .

Trey

I think the Emails i provided pretty much sum it up enough.

Along with the fact that you are asking for a 10 day return,which you even stated,when the listing states clearly 90 DAY RETURN,NO HASSEL.

What were you trying to accomplish in the deal?

He offered you the book at $1800,with a 90 DAY RETURN GUARANTEE if CGC found RESTO...

Please enlighten us what you wanted from the seller???

"My Guarantee! Once you receive the book, if you are not 100% happy with it, you can return the book in the undamaged/unopened PGX holder for a full refund of the purchase price. I put up Hi-Rez pics of the front and back covers of all the books, which is far more than most sellers, so it's only fair that you are responsible for the shipping costs to and from. Also, If you buy a book from me and within 90 days of receipt you have it graded by CGC and it is found to be restored, I will Happily Refund all of your costs. Shipping, Grading, Cost of the Book, everything. All I ask is that the book be sent to me in the undamaged CGC holder with receipts and I will refund your $ immediately upon receipt. I keep hi-res scans of every comic I sell, so there is no confusion as to whether the book was the one I sold or not. I stand behind everything I sell, unlike most other ebay sellers."

Again I ask for the seller to show ALL e-mails or PMs that followed . Not just the 1st e-mail but ALL that followed that he never replied to. Why cant he do it because HE chose to ignore them . Like I said its my oppinion had a bad attitude and every side always has two points of view . Fact is it doesnt matter now

I see what Trey is talking about.

The written policy allows for a return in the PGX holder but the return for a restored book is for raw comics.