• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-men 35 Spider-man appearance!

18 posts in this topic

"In hand" is simply that. You can see all the flaws and good points of any book. You may be able to see something that you can't see in a scan. Such as a very lite wave or NCBC somewhere on the book. You can see the gloss or lack thereof. The staples may be a bit wonky or off center. Or they could be perfect. Just little things you can see if a person has the book in there hands. A book can look gorgeous in a scan. But when you see the book and hold it. It all of the sudden doesn't look so good. It can also go the other way. You may think a book has very little gloss to it. But when you see it in person. The book has an amazing amount of gloss to it.

Different scanners, settings can really affect how a book look's. But if the book is right in front of you. The book will be what it will be.

"In hand" is simply that. You can see all the flaws and good points of any book. You may be able to see something that you can't see in a scan. Such as a very lite wave or NCBC somewhere on the book. You can see the gloss or lack thereof. The staples may be a bit wonky or off center. Or they could be perfect. Just little things you can see if a person has the book in there hands. A book can look gorgeous in a scan. But when you see the book and hold it. It all of the sudden doesn't look so good. It can also go the other way. You may think a book has very little gloss to it. But when you see it in person. The book has an amazing amount of gloss to it.

Different scanners, settings can really affect how a book look's. But if the book is right in front of you. The book will be what it will be.

So, why would you put the In Hand grade higher on this one? I guess I don't even understand why or how could even state and In Hand grade. Or did you already hold this book in hand?

The book may grade a bit higher than the initial grade I gave it if I had the book "In hand". Just going by the scans/description. Sort of like buying a second hand diamond. The diamond can be a very clean, excellent color, cut, etc. Unless it is graded by a professional company, you just don't know. Having it in your hands will give you all the info. you need. Your not just relying on a scan with a few notes about condition. Hopefully your grading is correct. Then you can make a deal on buying whatever it is your looking at. Be it a comic, diamond, sports card, etc.

Unless you have 100% faith in the person your dealing with. Your always better off seeing what your buying first hand..