• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snagged Gerber's Photo-Journals for $15

22 posts in this topic

One of the comic shops near me was having in insane sale on Gerber's Photo-Journals, asking $10 per volume or $15 for both. It was a deal I could not pass up. Add in some trades at 80% off and I got more than $210 worth of stuff for the sweet, sweet price of just $29.54. Now all I have to do is convince myself to unwrap the Photo-Journals. They look so nice shrink wrapped.

Just wanted to share/gloat (my non-comic-book-loving friends are simply not impressed enough with this) That is all.

A lot of the information in the Gerbers is dated but the books themselves are fantastic photo references and great fun to flip through. Highly recommended for any collector...particularly those who enjoy the cover art, like me.

They were being offered at bargain prices here on the boards by several folks a few months back, too, around the same time I saw a glut of inexpensive ones at local shows. It's my understanding that Diamond made a boo-boo, and listed them briefly for crazy cheap prices a la the Amazon TPB fiasco. Unlike that scenario, however, dealers were able to scoop a bunch of them up.

Oh, no worries, I will. In fact, one already has a tear in the shrink wrapping.

I asked why these were being offered at such a cheap price and was told they were purchased as Christmas gifts for customers and for whatever reason there were a bunch leftover. Whether or not there was a pricing screw-up I couldn't say.

Are the two Marvel Photo-Journals worth getting as well? How many years do they cover?

I have noticed a trend at shows over the past year or so where Gerbers have been priced really, really low.

Has there been a Gerber dump on the market recently?

:whistle:

They were being offered at bargain prices here on the boards by several folks a few months back, too, around the same time I saw a glut of inexpensive ones at local shows. It's my understanding that Diamond made a boo-boo, and listed them briefly for crazy cheap prices a la the Amazon TPB fiasco. Unlike that scenario, however, dealers were able to scoop a bunch of them up.

:whistle:

lol

I would say that i have looked through my Marvel Gerber's more than any other book's that i own, they are great reference books and my copies are starting to show their age and use, i would have scooped them up for that price too, great bargain.

I've had all four volumes for over 10 years now and I still enjoy flipping through them often.

A wonderful resource for what's gone on in this hobby over the decades.

Great find! (thumbs u

Me too. You gotta open them babies to see the GA goodness

Picked up two sealed sets at $25/set at the Gem City show a couple weeks ago, passed on a third set because one of the volumes had a BADLY dinged lower edge...I'm thinking there are a bunch of bargain copies out there, so dig around for a deal!