• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROJECT:Comic Con 2- St.Louis, Mo 9/18/10 & 9/19/10 Adam Kubert,Mike Choi & MORE

53 posts in this topic

We are back and bigger then ever!

EPIC CONVENTIONS PRODLY PRESENTS

PROJECT:Comic Con 2

WHEN: September 18th & 19th, 2010

WHERE: at the Maryland Heights Centre

2234 McKelvey Road, Maryland Height, MO 63043

(just outside St. Louis, MO)

WHO: Guest List Includes

Special Guest on Saturday: Adam Kubert - artist Wolverine, Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men

Ethan Van Sciver - artist Flash: Rebirth, Green Lantern, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Impulse, New X-Men, Cyberfrog

David Lafuente - artist Ultimate Spider-Man, Patsy Walker: Hellcat

Mike Choi - artist Uncanny X-Men, Witchblade, X-23, X-Force

Fred Van Lente - writer of Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hercules, Marvel Zombies, Wolverine:First Class, X-Men Noir, Marvel Adventures (Iron Man, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four)

Jamal Igle - artist of Supergirl, Firestorm, Nightwing, New Warriors

Dennis Calero - artist of X-Men Noir, X-Factor, Wolverine:First Class, Dark Tower: Fall of Gilead

Ryan Ottley - artist of Invincible, Haunt, Witchblade, Superman/Batman Annual

Kenneth Rocafort - artist of Astonishing Tales, Cyberforce/Hunter Killer, Madame Masque

Joshua Dysart - writer of Unknown Soldier, Neil Young's Greendale, Swamp-Thing, B.P.R.D. 1946 & 1947, Violent Messiahs

and LOTS more!!

Plus Top Cow Productions and Avatar Press will be at the show!

WHY: Because we're freakin' awesome! That's why!

Advance Registration, Table Spaces, and Special Hotel Convention Rates available on our website now.

http://www.projectcomiccon.com

Actually, I'm more impressed by some of the other names...

David LaFuente lives in the UK!

Kenneth Rocafort lives in Puerto Rico!

Neither does very many shows in the US... Hmm, we really do need a witness at this show!

Be convenient if this coincided with the next Mound City auction....

Looks like this is how we are going to do the auction. Signing the papers in the next few days.

So you're going to have the auction on the same days as the con?

Our dealers will be excited that a large number of people will be coming for the Auction. :takeit:

oh and CGC will be there too. :)

lol. Did you go to the last one? I'm not sure I would quantify it as a large # of people. But, I'm hoping your show and the auction both do really well. StL deserves a big con one day.

How about inviting Don Rosa to come?

Our dealers will be excited that a large number of people will be coming for the Auction. :takeit:

oh and CGC will be there too. :)

lol. Did you go to the last one? I'm not sure I would quantify it as a large # of people. But, I'm hoping your show and the auction both do really well. StL deserves a big con one day.

How about inviting Don Rosa to come?

Being from the area, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

The job you guys have done to give St. Louis a real convention is much appreciated.

St. Louis is NOT Chicago. We're about 1/6th the size. We have a small but dedicated comic community, that really wants this to happen.

I think the key to success is having a guest that will force fans from outside the area (Chicago, Indy, KC, and maybe farther) to make this a must see event.

Seriously, if I lived in Chicago, after the guest list at C2E2, what would make me come to this show?

There are some quality names, and having Avatar and Top Cow is great, but having that one HUGE draw would make all the difference.

Mike Mignola/Richard Corben?

Garth Ennis? Avatar is already there.

Todd McFarlane? Jim Lee?

Stan Lee? Where DOESN'T Stan go?

This would also force CGC to seriously consider the event....

C2E2's Neil Gaiman reading for charity was a brillant idea.

I'm sure you guys are working on some other names, it's early in the season.

I badly want this to be a success.

I just think we need one or two power hitters to help push it over the edge.