• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROJECT:Comic Con 2- St.Louis, Mo 9/18/10 & 9/19/10 Adam Kubert,Mike Choi & MORE

53 posts in this topic

Be convenient if this coincided with the next Mound City auction....

Looks like this is how we are going to do the auction. Signing the papers in the next few days.

So you're going to have the auction on the same days as the con?

Rob Lite signed the papers yesterday. We are at the Con. Details will be on the website as we get them. Two day auction, one day preview, etc....

Rob Classic

Our dealers will be excited that a large number of people will be coming for the Auction. :takeit:

oh and CGC will be there too. :)

lol. Did you go to the last one? I'm not sure I would quantify it as a large # of people. But, I'm hoping your show and the auction both do really well. StL deserves a big con one day.

How about inviting Don Rosa to come?

Being from the area, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

The job you guys have done to give St. Louis a real convention is much appreciated.

St. Louis is NOT Chicago. We're about 1/6th the size. We have a small but dedicated comic community, that really wants this to happen.

I think the key to success is having a guest that will force fans from outside the area (Chicago, Indy, KC, and maybe farther) to make this a must see event.

Seriously, if I lived in Chicago, after the guest list at C2E2, what would make me come to this show?

There are some quality names, and having Avatar and Top Cow is great, but having that one HUGE draw would make all the difference.

Mike Mignola/Richard Corben?

Garth Ennis? Avatar is already there.

Todd McFarlane? Jim Lee?

Stan Lee? Where DOESN'T Stan go?

This would also force CGC to seriously consider the event....

C2E2's Neil Gaiman reading for charity was a brillant idea.

I'm sure you guys are working on some other names, it's early in the season.

I badly want this to be a success.

I just think we need one or two power hitters to help push it over the edge.

I hear what your saying Chuck. A Huge name WOULD be awesome. But there are a lot of obsticals involving them that have to be manuvered.

Like first getting on their radar. They are pretty busy individuals. We have to grow to a size that makes it worth their attention.

Then there is their asking price to attend. The more popular they are, the higher the price.

That's not to mention finding a way to contact them in the first place...and if you do find a way to contact them...will they even bother to reply? Some like Jim Lee reply right away, others don't reply at all.

Once we've managed to get a huge name, there are all sorts of issues that need to be dealt with. Like crowd/line control, placement on the show floor so the lines don't hinder things too much, Do we put a limit on the number of books to be signed or not?, What if fans want to take a picture with them?

It's a lot to consider...and to be honest, not a place we really want our conventions to end up in right now.

We're happy to bring in good SOLID guests, and we feel we've succeeded. Adam Kubert, Ethan Van Sciver, Fred Van Lente, Mike Choi, Jamal Igle, Kenneth Rocafort, Ryan Ottley, and others. These guys ARE today's comics. And we want fans to leave our show feeling like they've had a chance to really meet and interact with them.

We'll get bigger as time progresses, and eventually we'll feature names like Adam Hughes, Jim Lee, Frank Cho and others. If you want to help us speed that process along, please...tell others about our con. Blog good things about it afterwards. Post pics on your facebook and twitters. Help us bring you the show YOU want and we'll get it done.

But for now...we're happy with the incredible line up of guests that we have. And with CGC, Mound City, Top Cow and Avatar Press coming...it should be an event worth attending.

Our dealers will be excited that a large number of people will be coming for the Auction. :takeit:

lol. Did you go to the last one? I'm not sure I would quantify it as a large # of people. But, I'm hoping your show and the auction both do really well. StL deserves a big con one day.

How about inviting Don Rosa to come?

Being from the area, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

The job you guys have done to give St. Louis a real convention is much appreciated.

St. Louis is NOT Chicago. We're about 1/6th the size. We have a small but dedicated comic community, that really wants this to happen.

I think the key to success is having a guest that will force fans from outside the area (Chicago, Indy, KC, and maybe farther) to make this a must see event.

Seriously, if I lived in Chicago, after the guest list at C2E2, what would make me come to this show?

There are some quality names, and having Avatar and Top Cow is great, but having that one HUGE draw would make all the difference.

Mike Mignola/Richard Corben?

Garth Ennis? Avatar is already there.

Todd McFarlane? Jim Lee?

Stan Lee? Where DOESN'T Stan go?

This would also force CGC to seriously consider the event....

C2E2's Neil Gaiman reading for charity was a brillant idea.

I'm sure you guys are working on some other names, it's early in the season.

I badly want this to be a success.

I just think we need one or two power hitters to help push it over the edge.

I hear what your saying Chuck. A Huge name WOULD be awesome. But there are a lot of obsticals involving them that have to be manuvered.

Like first getting on their radar. They are pretty busy individuals. We have to grow to a size that makes it worth their attention.

Then there is their asking price to attend. The more popular they are, the higher the price.

That's not to mention finding a way to contact them in the first place...and if you do find a way to contact them...will they even bother to reply? Some like Jim Lee reply right away, others don't reply at all.

Once we've managed to get a huge name, there are all sorts of issues that need to be dealt with. Like crowd/line control, placement on the show floor so the lines don't hinder things too much, Do we put a limit on the number of books to be signed or not?, What if fans want to take a picture with them?

It's a lot to consider...and to be honest, not a place we really want our conventions to end up in right now.

We're happy to bring in good SOLID guests, and we feel we've succeeded. Adam Kubert, Ethan Van Sciver, Fred Van Lente, Mike Choi, Jamal Igle, Kenneth Rocafort, Ryan Ottley, and others. These guys ARE today's comics. And we want fans to leave our show feeling like they've had a chance to really meet and interact with them.

We'll get bigger as time progresses, and eventually we'll feature names like Adam Hughes, Jim Lee, Frank Cho and others. If you want to help us speed that process along, please...tell others about our con. Blog good things about it afterwards. Post pics on your facebook and twitters. Help us bring you the show YOU want and we'll get it done.

But for now...we're happy with the incredible line up of guests that we have. And with CGC, Mound City, Top Cow and Avatar Press coming...it should be an event worth attending.

I hope you spell check your invitations :fear:

Just a suggestion: one of the best SD cons I attended, Heritage setup and ran auctions after the convention floor closed, providing previews during the convention hours. This was far and away the best convention for me and...just a hint to you Mound City guys....Heritage had it fully catered.

if things continue as they are, I would assume CGC would take mail in subs. I wouldn't expect them to announce it for a couple of months tho.

Just wanted to point this out...we've started taking some videos showing some of the books that will be in the auction. You'll be able to see all of the upcoming stuff for this (and any other comic auctions we do) by subscribing to the Auctionguide channel on youtube.

Work is progressing on the catalog...I'm hoping to have the lot list generated within a few weeks and begin getting scans and filling in CGC specific information (some of which will have to wait until all the grading is finished obviously). However, the books that went in on walkthrough status are all listed on our website now, including some grading descriptions (on the GA books with resto).

Sadly...David Lafuente had to cancel his appearance at the show for personal reasons.

But luckily we were able to get two excellent guests to step in and fill his shoes.

Howard Chaykin and Greg Horn!

We have signed confirmation from CGC that they will be at the show, just waiting on them to send us the "official" announcement.

I'm sure your dealers will be excited to hear that a large number of people will focused somewhere else. meh

lol You should change your avatar to Eeyore.

lol

This has gotten burried way too far down.

We've had some updates.

Patrick Gleason (Green Lantern Corps, Robin, Batman and Robin) will be attending.

Avatar Press will be doing an exclusive cover of Alan Moore's Neonomicon #1 for us.

And we've announced our panels and workshops for the show.

check us out www.projectcomiccon.com

:bump:

Is there a list of dealers or is it just the ones with banners on the right side of the screen?