• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the rarest (in your opinion) from your favorite publisher?

32 posts in this topic

Other rare books (in my opinion) that I collect:

Amazing Mystery Funnies #1 and #2

Comic Cavalcade #3 and #4

Comics Magazine #1 and #5

Detective Comics 2-5, 7, 9, 11

Detective Picture Stories 2-4

And that's just through the letter D.

I'll add a letter "K": King Comics 1-10 in 3.0 or better, and I'll add a letter "S": Silver Streak Comics 1-5

Anyone selling any of these, let me know, I'll pay handsomely.

Where were you when I was selling my Comics Magazine 1 on eBay a few weeks ago? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just came in the mail this week:

newcomics2.jpg

Woo hoo!

Great find Centaurman. That is one tough book. If you don't mind my asking, what is the condition and where did you get it?

Popped a BIN on eBay right after the auction was listed.

It looks much nicer than the technical grade. It's got a lot of spine and staple support with tape inside the cover, and some front and back cover tears are sealed from the inside with tape as well. A couple of interior tears were also sealed with glue (amateur). There's a 4" bottom spine split, and there are liquid stains towards the bottom of the front and back covers.

However, the page quality is outstanding. The centerfold is firmly attached and the pages are strong and supple. October looked it over for me and generously concluded it was a G+ (slight amateur resto) with White pages.

However, the page quality is outstanding. The centerfold is firmly attached and the pages are strong and supple. October looked it over for me and generously concluded it was a G+ (slight amateur resto) with White pages.

Like many of Win's books, the eye appeal on this one far outstrips the technical grade. 893applaud-thumb.gif

DC Comics: New Fun Comics #2!!!! thumbsup2.gif Other honorable mentions (that I would like to own): Detective Comics #1, #2, and #3, New Fun Comics #1, All American 16, Adventure #40, More Fun Comics #52.

New fun 2 is tuff of course but the rarest d.c is the big book of fun comics and double action 2

DC Comics: New Fun Comics #2!!!! thumbsup2.gif Other honorable mentions (that I would like to own): Detective Comics #1, #2, and #3, New Fun Comics #1, All American 16, Adventure #40, More Fun Comics #52.

I would also include the New Comics #2 and New Adventure Comics #13 in as part of this hard to find group! thumbsup2.gif

Just came in the mail this week:

newcomics2.jpg

Woo hoo!

Congrats on a rare / scarce book . Looks great!! hail.gif

FWIW, Amazing Man early issues such as # 7 or esp. # 9 hardly ever show up , but then again some of the later issues such as # 22, # 23, # 24 are not easy either. Thoughts?? Amazing Mystery Funnies ,# 1 is scarce but can be found . # 2 to # 6 are plain hard to find . I've never seen a # 4 except in poor /fair condition some years back. & the other issues are hell to find also IMO!!

Funny Pages 40 & 41 - incredibly rare. I've been collecting them for 10 years and only seen one of each. v4#1 is a little more common than Overstreet seems to think, but still tough. v2#10 is very tough also. I was surprised the last copy in Heritage went so cheap. I was ready to bid more for it, but took a last minute trip with my wife and forgot to bid confused.gif

If you get into the earlier issues, v1#6 is tough as is v1#9.

All American #5-15 seem to be really difficult (relative to other DCs) also.

I think Keen Komics 1 is the rarest....never seen another for sale other than the one i have.....jb