• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holy cow! $3700 and gone!

25 posts in this topic

Holy sweet mother of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are people really that mental out there? The insufficiently_thoughtful_person who spent $3700 on that is definitely someone i dont want as a fellow collector. 893frustrated.gif

$3700 would buy a Hulk #181 in 9.6! ASM #129 in 9.6 and a 9.4, FF #25 and 26 in 9.2, JIM #83 in a nice grade, etc etc........not to mention countelss golden age/silver age gems.

paging joe_collector...paging joe_collector gossip.gif

I think he may have had a heart attack. I know I nearly did...

Well in that case, paging Gene....paging Gene... gossip.gif

Forget it BOC. They're probably in a bunker somewhere.....waiting for the sky to fall.

10_1_127.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Bidding pattern is weird. Was the reserve set at $3700 and the bidder kept bidding until it was hit?

If that's the reserve, why is it nuts? The seller established the price and found a buyer (or multiple potential buyers.)

Was the seller nuts to set such a high reserve? Is the buyer nuts to reach it?

Whether this is a good buy long term is another matter.

I sure am surprised by this price, but who knows? Stuff that far out of line is a sure sign of either genius or idiocy . . .

(although my bet is on idiocy)

DAM

Holy sweet mother of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are people really that mental out there? The insufficiently_thoughtful_person who spent $3700 on that is definitely someone i dont want as a fellow collector. 893frustrated.gif

I wish he was my neighbor. I'd sell him all of my books! devil.gif

Who knows.....that RRP is a gerber 9 of the modern age. He may have bought it because he wants to keep it. Just because we think it is lunacy.......

Nowhere even close to a Gerber 9 since this would mean it has less than 10 copies in existence. I doubt that any post Golden-Age book would qualify for any of the high Gerber scarcity ratings.

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Bidding pattern is weird. Was the reserve set at $3700 and the bidder kept bidding until it was hit?

If that's the reserve, why is it nuts? The seller established the price and found a buyer (or multiple potential buyers.)

Was the seller nuts to set such a high reserve? Is the buyer nuts to reach it?

Reserve was $3700, BUT Buyer Put in ANOTHER Bid OVER That. I guess he was worried he Might get Sniped By another collector/speculator with MONEY TO BURN..and Burn it he Did.