• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a New Mutants 98 for 6 Cent

32 posts in this topic

someone paid $42 for a VG?? That's a lot!

Maybe they just got into collecting and when you said it was in "Very good" condition, they took that by the literal meaning lol.

This logic can sometimes be reversed, when begginers sellers use the term "very good" not as the grade but litteraly as the condition of the book.

It happened to me a few times, and i was very pleased :insane:.

New Mutants 98 is such a new key issue that it will turn up in quarter bins, large collections of drek, etc..for a long time!

I hope you're right, man. Bought mine for $6 in 1995 and sold it for $20 about 6 years ago and I want it back in my collection...

:(

And someday, if you're diligent, BL, you can have a set like this..

IMG_1173.jpg

(Why yes. Yes that was shameless. Indeed. ;) )

:cloud9: I'm probably the only one around these parts that enjoyed his run on New Mutants.

Congratulations. If you're selling, consider getting them slabbed. Yeah, I know shipping to the land of edelweiss is a bear, but it's still worth it if you get 9.8s out of them. There are a few other collectors in your region, so I highly suggest doing a 9.8 pre-screen if you don't have the requisite 50 yourself. Otherwise, it will quickly become not worth it.

If you're just collecting...congrats! That era is the era of my fondest memories, with lots of classic stuff.

:cloud9:

Getting them slabbed is not really worth it because it would be hard to sell slabbed books in Austria.

I sold mine in the UK, I think we ermm consider that a bit rarer over here for some reason, lol.

I think New Mutants 98 is the Brits version of Hulk 181 in the USA, it's a key issue most of us can afford, lol.

herc

I sold mine in the UK, I think we ermm consider that a bit rarer over here for some reason, lol.

I think New Mutants 98 is the Brits version of Hulk 181 in the USA, it's a key issue most of us can afford, lol.

herc

Yeah, it's also rarer here in Austria. We don't have quarter bins with older US-Comics in shops, because they stopped selling old back issues many many years ago. Not worth it for them. So you can only buy such books from other collectors or via Internet from sellers around the world.