• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a New Mutants 98 for 6 Cent

32 posts in this topic

I got offered a 3.000 book collection 2 weeks ago. Visited the seller last week to look at the collection. Most of the books are from 1985 to the mid 90s, all big series, some of the very lame ones and some stuff I never saw before. Of course I only took a quick look at every box, otherwise it would have taken me hours to look at everything. So, no real nice older issues but the books looked like new and the seller only wanted 200 Euros for everything. That was reason enough for me to take the whole collection. I can sell them cheap at conventions and to friends. There also should be some books for my collection in it.

Today I picked up the books and started to look at every box. I'm not finished yet, about 2/3 to go but already saw many nice books. Many NM Amazing Spidermans (McFarlane issues too) and every other Spider-Man series in NM condition. I'm a big Spidey fan so it's always nice to see those books, even if I already have those issues. But then the New Mutants came around and I saw some late issues and thought about issue 98, the first Deadpool issue. And there it was, for aprox. 6 cent I got my first Deadpool app. followed by issue 87, first Cable.

I know, it's not a book everyone get's exited about. But I'm a very happy person today.

Love those stories. Every collector hopes for a "find" like that. Whether it's a pile of GA in a Denver artist's basement or a pile of moderns with unexpected treats, those stories are so much fun to hear about.

New Mutants 98 is such a new key issue that it will turn up in quarter bins, large collections of drek, etc..for a long time!

I was given a couple boxes of 90s drek last spring from a friend. Very similar find as there was a New Mutants 98 in there.

This one actually had a small stack of vintage books as well so I made out pretty good. Got a couple really nice Incredible Hulk 107 and 114 in VF. A lot of cool readers in the lot too.

The collection looks like it contains all of the keys from the era. If that's the case, getting them for essentially 6 cents US/book was a massive, massive steal.

Congratulations. If you're selling, consider getting them slabbed. Yeah, I know shipping to the land of edelweiss is a bear, but it's still worth it if you get 9.8s out of them. There are a few other collectors in your region, so I highly suggest doing a 9.8 pre-screen if you don't have the requisite 50 yourself. Otherwise, it will quickly become not worth it.

If you're just collecting...congrats! That era is the era of my fondest memories, with lots of classic stuff.

:cloud9: