• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw this over in "Copper" - Miracleman #15

141 posts in this topic

Someone started a thread in Copper Forums. Thought I should bring it over here.....

What do you guys think? How much? Anybody gonna make a run?

Certainly one of the high marks in Copper art. And hard to find many things more important from the era.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7021&Lot_No=92252

97580.jpg

Me too. I've got no dog in the fight on this one (it'll be so far out of my realm, I won't even guess), but I'm interested to see what the hammer is.

For me, personally, I can only think of a few Copper pieces I'd rather have. This one easily cracks the top 10 (probably for most). And may even get into my Top 5 from the era.

Me too. I've got no dog in the fight on this one (it'll be so far out of my realm, I won't even guess), but I'm interested to see what the hammer is.

For me, personally, I can only think of a few Copper pieces I'd rather have. This one easily cracks the top 10 (probably for most). And may even get into my Top 5 from the era.

Absolutely. Quite honestly I can't think of an 80s piece I'd rather have, but then I am a big fan of that book. Wish I could make a run but it but it will be more than I would want to pay.

Looks like most or all of the Totleben OA for a couple of issues is being featured in the auction.

I'm surprised to see so much of it offered at once. I don't think it's wise to sell so much similar work in one batch.

Looks like most or all of the Totleben OA for a couple of issues is being featured in the auction.

I'm surprised to see so much of it offered at once. I don't think it's wise to sell so much similar work in one batch.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I imagine healthy reserves on everything.

As for this cover, given the folks that collect this stuff I can imagine bids up and around $20k if there isn't a massive reserve on it. A high reserve may quell some of the fervor necessary to get this to run up and over $20k.

It will take a healthy dose of "Holy mess, reserve met...I COULD OWN THIS!!!" in the minds of potential bidders so, psychologically, they can wrap their minds around the fact that they could find this hanging on their wall after auctions end.

Personally I have a hard time thinking seriously about any piece until I know what the reserve is, or until it's met.

I don't know anything about the situation of the consignor, but sometimes when a large chunk goes at once it's an estate, divorce or bankruptcy sale. In other words, the proceeds are to benefit folks other than the (ex) owner so maximum dollar per piece isn't as much the goal as just speedily cashing out. Again, not necessarily the case here but it often is when you see many lots that theoretically compete against each other for the same pool of dollars.

Great cover btw. I remember when it was at Black Line Fever about 10 yrs ago for $600. I passed on it, not being familiar (at the time) with the Miracleman series. It caught my attention then because I was into Totleben but it wasn't a painting. I was sorely tempted even so as JTT was really tight on this one but...coulda, shoulda, woulda...

I don't know anything about the situation of the consignor, but sometimes when a large chunk goes at once it's an estate, divorce or bankruptcy sale. In other words, the proceeds are to benefit folks other than the (ex) owner so maximum dollar per piece isn't as much the goal as just speedily cashing out. Again, not necessarily the case here but it often is when you see many lots that theoretically compete against each other for the same pool of dollars

I know the consignor and it's not divorce or bankruptcy, thankfully. I've held the DPS in my hands and it's an amazing piece to behold in person.

I don't know anything about the situation of the consignor, but sometimes when a large chunk goes at once it's an estate, divorce or bankruptcy sale. In other words, the proceeds are to benefit folks other than the (ex) owner so maximum dollar per piece isn't as much the goal as just speedily cashing out. Again, not necessarily the case here but it often is when you see many lots that theoretically compete against each other for the same pool of dollars

I know the consignor and it's not divorce or bankruptcy, thankfully. I've held the DPS in my hands and it's an amazing piece to behold in person.

Yep, he's a Chicago collector. That DPS is pretty amazing I agree, but that would be one tough piece to display on your wall at home.

Yep, he's a Chicago collector. That DPS is pretty amazing I agree, but that would be one tough piece to display on your wall at home.

It would be a conversation starter, though lol

I don't know anything about the situation of the consignor, but sometimes when a large chunk goes at once it's an estate, divorce or bankruptcy sale. In other words, the proceeds are to benefit folks other than the (ex) owner so maximum dollar per piece isn't as much the goal as just speedily cashing out. Again, not necessarily the case here but it often is when you see many lots that theoretically compete against each other for the same pool of dollars.

Great cover btw. I remember when it was at Black Line Fever about 10 yrs ago for $600. I passed on it, not being familiar (at the time) with the Miracleman series. It caught my attention then because I was into Totleben but it wasn't a painting. I was sorely tempted even so as JTT was really tight on this one but...coulda, shoulda, woulda...

oh man that's rough

My girl friend was complaining a lot about my Michael Myers painting because there is a knife in it. A few times I asked her how that one bugged her but she never said anything about my Wolverine decapitation cover. Well finally 2 weeks ago she finally must have taken a closer look at it and as she said the image was horrible. :tonofbricks:

Angelo, do you know why he's putting so much up for sale all at once?

My girl friend was complaining a lot about my Michael Myers painting because there is a knife in it. A few times I asked her how that one bugged her but she never said anything about my Wolverine decapitation cover. Well finally 2 weeks ago she finally must have taken a closer look at it and as she said the image was horrible. :tonofbricks:

I think a lot of us can relate to that. my wife doesn't want any pieces with even implied violence or weapons on the walls either. I can't really blame her although its kind of a bummer when it comes to certain pieces too.

Angelo, do you know why he's putting so much up for sale all at once?

I do, Tim, but it's not for me to say