• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best reads

51 posts in this topic

Well, since i acquired my grail a few months back, i seem to find myself without a focus. Thought my next goal would be to collect presentable first print copies of the best reads in comics history. Just have a short list so far, and have actually never read The dark knight returns.

1. Watchmen

2. The dark knight returns

3. Don't really know where to go next... have heard good things about crow and sandman, but really no clue where to go next.

Well, since i acquired my grail a few months back, i seem to find myself without a focus. Thought my next goal would be to collect presentable first print copies of the best reads in comics history. Just have a short list so far, and have actually never read The dark knight returns.

1. Watchmen

2. The dark knight returns

3. Don't really know where to go next... have heard good things about crow and sandman, but really no clue where to go next.

Saga of the Swamp Thing #20-64

Miracleman (if you can afford it)

V for vendetta

Animal Man

American Flagg!

Sounds like a good start, tmnt might have to wait a bit/get trades, miracleman is covered, my uncle has long boxes of those issues lol. any idea on fmv for a crow run? know the caliber presents #1 is pricey, but no clue on the rest. 9.0ish would be fine as my main goal is to build a small comic library in my home.

Justice League

which then became.......

Justice League International

And then finally.......... :P

Justice League America

From 1-60 are some of the funniest and most entertaining comics ever produced. Annual # 4 is particularly hilarious.

Denny O'Neil's Question run has always been a favorite of mine.

Sandman, Preacher, Y and Fables are all great reads.

Maus would be high on any list.

Box Office Poison is a great slice of 90's life read.

Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children was an overall great read.

I love those graphic novels too Jeffro :headbang: And those early issues of JL :roflmao: some absolutely fun and hilarious stuff!

I will also always pimp Mage, Grendel and Nexus as must-reads of this era. Mage should be an easy 15 issue pick up, so I would recommend that first :)

wow guys, thanks for all the suggestions. copper age seemed like a solid choice, considering, i mainly read strictly daredevil and silver age until fairly recently.