• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1/Midnight Massacre SS sketch opportunity w/Patrick Tuller

115 posts in this topic

I tried to darken it a little for you. How will you apply watercolor? Is it gouache you're using?

Thanks a lot for darkening the image. I'm going to apply a clear gesso as a primer which will allow the watercolor to adhere a lot better.

Another idea that occurred to me is to use spray fixatif. Although its primary purpose is to prevent smudging, it might be worth experimenting on another glossy surface to see if it helps. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks to GA Collectibles (thumbs u , I recently picked up a couple of nice 9.6/9.8 Midnight Massacre black blank cover issues.

Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #13:

grblaze13.jpg

Morbius #12:

morbius12.jpg

I am accepting commission requests for these books on a first-come, first-served basis. Post an :takeit: to identify which book you want, and send me a PM with a description of your commission and a scan or link to reference (if possible) and you're in. CGC Signature Series grading will be included.

Books are $6.00:

Flat rate for white-ink sketches on these covers is $100 (cgc grading/shipping included)

Samples of some of my sketch covers are posted earlier in this thread, but here's an example of a white ink on black cover sketch that I did for Chespirito:

gijoe21white.jpg

For additional samples of my work, you can view my Comic Art Commissions site here.

Please send me a PM if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Patrick

I'm looking forward to your opportunity on the X-men blanks.

Many thanks to those who have sent commission requests on the Avengers blanks! I am still waiting for my copies to arrive, and I'll be able to get to work on them right away once they're here. Hopefully, this will be within the next couple of days. Scans will be coming up soon.

There are still several more slots available for anyone who may be interested. Details are in the first post in the thread.

Thanks!

Patrick