• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistic Price on Action Comics #6

27 posts in this topic

I mainly collect GA Timelys; however, I had an Action #6 shown to me today...and I don't really know what the going market would be on a book like this. Here is the detail as I see it. I would appreciate any thoughts on what a reasonable price would be...

Action Comics #6

Apparent VF - Professional Restoration - I would say moderate (?)

- staples may have been replaced (likely the case - look pretty new to me)

- pressed

- front and back cover cleaned

- couple of tear seals

- small amount of colour touch on front cover (no bleed through)

- no, I do not have a scan of the book

Thanks. :grin:

a nicely restored apparent mod VF will typically sell in the 5k range (about 50% of guide)...

12-25% of guide is inaccurate as action 6 is generally an over+ guide book in lower grades (1.25-1.5) and a 2x+ guide book in higher grades

now, 25% of FMV, that I would agree with (thumbs u

general rule of thumb is 12.5-25% of guide :)

(shrug) I disagree on this type of book.....we're talking an Action 6, and in light of some of the incredible sales we have all seen on early Actions I think a price approaching guide may be a little more realistic in this market. Even with Earthbornpig's description of the resto, there is a good chance CGC may only give it a Slight restoration designation. Just my 2c.....

(shrug) I disagree on this type of book.....we're talking an Action 6, and in light of some of the incredible sales we have all seen on early Actions I think a price approaching guide may be a little more realistic in this market. Even with Earthbornpig's description of the resto, there is a good chance CGC may only give it a Slight restoration designation. Just my 2c.....

sure, just ignore my post that echoed what you said, before you said it :baiting:

sure, just ignore my post that echoed what you said, before you said it :baiting:

Careful now hot shot....I'm multi-tasking at work...can't rip out responses quite as fast as your honor..... :devil:

Careful now hot shot....I'm multi-tasking at work...can't rip out responses quite as fast as your honor..... :devil:

ok counselor, I'll let you slide with a warning this time lol

Is this part of the consigned collection that had a Porky Pig $1,800, Detective 33 $58,000 (but may be mod pro restored app. vf+), Captain Marvel 25 (?), More Fun 101 fn+, All-Flash 1 fn, Lone Ranger Ice Cream comic, Amazing Man blue cover fn? Think some of these comics originally came from Mark Wilson, World's Finest Collectibles, WA, USA now PGC Mint.

You know I had an Action #6 that definately had some resto - and I think I got it from World's Finest. This was many years ago before CGC come along. I wonder if it is the same copy

Is this part of the consigned collection that had a Porky Pig $1,800, Detective 33 $58,000 (but may be mod pro restored app. vf+), Captain Marvel 25 (?), More Fun 101 fn+, All-Flash 1 fn, Lone Ranger Ice Cream comic, Amazing Man blue cover fn? Think some of these comics originally came from Mark Wilson, World's Finest Collectibles, WA, USA now PGC Mint.

Yup. Although I think the Tec 33 asking price was $28,000, which seems unreasonable to me.

12-25% of guide is inaccurate as action 6 is generally an over+ guide book in lower grades (1.25-1.5) and a 2x+ guide book in higher grades

What....?!?!

Another book the guide is inaccurate on?

:baiting:

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

What....?!?!

Another book the guide is inaccurate on?

:baiting:

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

:o

There are no "realistic prices" on the first 13 issues of Action Comics. One has to be prepared to grab their ankles when acquiring any of them. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There are no "realistic prices" on the first 13 issues of Action Comics. One has to be prepared to grab their ankles when acquiring any of them. GOD BLESS...

:o At least for 7,10,13 for sure.

I would add 2,3,8,9 and 12 there too...those copies rarely if ever sit around, no matter what they are priced at (within some realm of reason)

I would add 2,3,8,9 and 12 there too...those copies rarely if ever sit around, no matter what they are priced at (within some realm of reason)

Here's my list from top Action scarce and demand. 7,13,10,12,2,3,9,8. What's yours? :baiting: