• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question regarding the evil dead franchise

46 posts in this topic

i first got introduced to bruce campbell while watching briscoe county jr. (still one of my favorite shows ever), and have liked his work since, but i never watched the evil dead movies, mainly because i'm not at all a horror fan (except for the shining). recently though, army of darkness was on tv, so i watched the very end. i was stunned at how cheesy, yet really fun, it was. are all 3 films done the same style? are there any really gory moments in any of the films?

thanks

The first is a tad more serious. Tom Sullivan's FX on the first is really cheesy and low budget, but it's really fun. That movie scared the hell out of me as a kid.

The second is sort of a remake of the first with better effects and a LOT more fun. It's a wild ride throughout the entire film. A lot different setting than Army of Darkness though.

Great movies!

The first Evil Dead is OK they tried to make a "serious" horror flick. Evil Dead 2 is much more along the lines of AOD. I would suggest watching all 3 but at the very least you have to check out Evil Dead 2 and watch all of Army...

Also if you haven't seen Bubba HoTep go check that out. One of my all time favorite Bruce Campbell films. (thumbs u

i first got introduced to bruce campbell while watching briscoe county jr. (still one of my favorite shows ever), and have liked his work since, but i never watched the evil dead movies, mainly because i'm not at all a horror fan (except for the shining). recently though, army of darkness was on tv, so i watched the very end. i was stunned at how cheesy, yet really fun, it was. are all 3 films done the same style? are there any really gory moments in any of the films?

thanks

First two are more Gory then Scary. I was not impressed, but EDII was the better of the two. Army Of Darkness has to be my favorite, it was a real fun blast! :headbang:

thanks

First two are more Gory then Scary. I was not impressed, but EDII was the better of the two. Army Of Darkness has to be my favorite, it was a real fun blast! :headbang:

i'll probably go backwards, since i know i'm gonna enjoy seeing all of AOD, then i'll try evil dead 2. if i like that, i'll watch to evil dead.

ED 2 is along the same lines.

ED1 is more scary serious and gross than the rest.

Also if you've seen AOD you might want to track down the alternate version where he goes into the future.

The Evil Dead is flat out one of the 20 greatest horror films ever made. Very inventive for its time and extremely scary and gory in parts. Just an amazing low budget film.

The next two are completely different, and have their own merits. Just don't expect the original film to be "fun" if you don't like horror movies. For example, a demon tree rapes one of the girls and "impregnates or possesses" her with the demon. Not exactly a laugh fest.

And by the way, Brisco County Jr. freakin rocks! Loved that show, cancelled too soon.