• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a thread for positive stuff!

191 posts in this topic

On a positive note there was a comic book featured in tonight's episode of "The Mentalist."

The comic was Amazing Spiderman #46. It was one of the items contained in a guys safe.

The lead character picks up the book and talks a bit about The Shocker being the villain and that the book was worth quite a bit of money.

However, other than that, the comic had absolutely nothing to do with the show. lol

I love my Family and I love that we laugh together regularly.

I love my job as a mental health trainer.

I love comics. I love storing, cataloging, bagging and boarding them too.

I love the level of OCD I have that makes me think its necessary to do that. lol

My 2 1/2 yr old daughter couldn't sleep tonight so we sat together in my recliner. She decided that my stuffed Marvin the Martian is to be hers from now on. She even gave Marvin a kiss so I had to let him go.

Being a foster parent has been rewarding but being able to adopt Renee has been the greatest gift for my wife an I.

My 10th foster child is asleep in the room with me now as I type this. She has the brightest eyes and gorgeous smile. 3 months old and a whole life ahead of her.

Got new comics in the mail today...thats always positive.

Watched the latest episode of Fringe on my DVR. Love that show. Walter is a PIMP!!

Just resolved an issue one of my customers has with a virtualized print server. Remotely, from my living room and in my pajamas. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Now im gonna play Plants vs. Zombies on my new Ipad.

My daughter (2 1/2) amazes me every single day. She's really starting to say all those interesting and cute things little kids say. :grin:

Overall, my life right now is the best it's been since I was a kid.

As some of you knowe, I'm going thru a tough situation at the moment.

However, there are still some good things going on as well. I also have a 2 yr old daughter. Yesterday, we went up to a "lake" to feed the geese. She had a blast. We had lots of fun.

Tonight is Daddy/Daughter Mickey Mouse Marathon. So, she'll get to stay up a little late tonight and watch a bunch of MM Clubhouse that I've DVR'd. Looking forward to it.

As some of you knowe, I'm going thru a tough situation at the moment.

However, there are still some good things going on as well. I also have a 2 yr old daughter. Yesterday, we went up to a "lake" to feed the geese. She had a blast. We had lots of fun.

Tonight is Daddy/Daughter Mickey Mouse Marathon. So, she'll get to stay up a little late tonight and watch a bunch of MM Clubhouse that I've DVR'd. Looking forward to it.

:foryou:

You'll get through this, Chris. Great things happen to good people!

I don't like cornbread. Grits are fine. Cereal is fine as well. I do not like corn tortillas. Taco shells are about it. I do not like corn in any form as a vegetable. I won't eat creamed corn, whole kernel corn or corn on the cob. I don't like seeing bits of it in soup, stew, salsa or salads either.

I do like most other vegetables though, except beets.

I don't like cornbread. Grits are fine. Cereal is fine as well. I do not like corn tortillas. Taco shells are about it. I do not like corn in any form as a vegetable. I won't eat creamed corn, whole kernel corn or corn on the cob. I don't like seeing bits of it in soup, stew, salsa or salads either.

Well, at least you like grits. You'd have to turn in your card if you didn't.

100% with you on the beets. Does anyone like them? I thought they were a relic of the past. Like black licorice (sp?).

My next door neighbor moved away and sold us his hot tub. Built a deck last year and a concrete slab to place one on but not expecting to buy anything for a few years while we saved money. Last night we plugged it in and it worked! (If you knew my construction skills you'd be surprised too). Warmed up last night and tonight we get naked! Hmmm, maybe that's why the neighbor is moving?!?

My next door neighbor moved away and sold us his hot tub. Built a deck last year and a concrete slab to place one on but not expecting to buy anything for a few years while we saved money. Last night we plugged it in and it worked! (If you knew my construction skills you'd be surprised too). Warmed up last night and tonight we get naked! Hmmm, maybe that's why the neighbor is moving?!?

:o Just don't try to read your comics while sitting in there. You'll end up with a pile of pulp. lol

Well, at least you like grits. You'd have to turn in your card if you didn't.

100% with you on the beets. Does anyone like them? I thought they were a relic of the past. Like black licorice (sp?).

I like beets, but only in small doses.

Having said that...borscht . :cloud9:

:o Just don't try to read your comics while sitting in there. You'll end up with a pile of pulp. lol

Or you'll just end up with piles. :eek: