• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would this get a green label?

11 posts in this topic

sorry if this is the wrong forum as this isn't a restoration question but I need some knowledgeable help. If you have a book that's missing the centerfold and replace it with a centerfold from a different copy would the book come back green w/ centerfold detached noted? is there any shot at a blue label? wasn't sure about this one. Thanks guys

thanks, I figured it wasn't gonna get a blue label but didn't know without even attaching it to the book it might still get purple. interesting.

Mis-understood you a little the first time around.

I thought you meant re-attaching it. Now, that I re-read your original post, I see what you mean.

Not sure about that one. I'm leaning towards green, but really do not know.

It could get a blue if CGC does not catch it

True.

But that would be one tough slide-by. PQ would have to be identical, staple placement identical, etc....

sorry if this is the wrong forum as this isn't a restoration question but I need some knowledgeable help. If you have a book that's missing the centerfold and replace it with a centerfold from a different copy would the book come back green w/ centerfold detached noted? is there any shot at a blue label? wasn't sure about this one. Thanks guys

Unless there's some form of restoration like color touch, tear seals, etc., it would get a Green Qualified label with the notation "MARRIED CENTERFOLD".

Unless there's some form of restoration like color touch, tear seals, etc., it would get a Green Qualified label with the notation "MARRIED CENTERFOLD".

thanks for clearing that up or me. :)