• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice FF #1 8.0 "WHITE" on comiclink...

30 posts in this topic

...but rather pricey, what do you think?

twice guide for a SUPER KEY in VF - i'd say it's fair and will sell pretty soon considering the way prices are going. it's really a SWEET looking book. looks to be some spine stress and/or readers crease on the left edge, but otherwise is just beautiful 893applaud-thumb.gif

Whoever nabbed the Blazing One's VF+ 8.5 copy for $21K got a deal in comparison.

Two points:

1) We don't know if this will sell for $18K, $15K, $13K, etc. Obviously if it sells for the whole $18K that makes a difference. The last two CGC 8.0 sold for $11.5K (but neither had White pages).

2) The Blazing ones book had, IMO, terrible distributor ink running onto the White cover. Just because CGC doesn't downgrade a book for that, doesn't mean other people don't factor that into their purchasing decision. I know I do.

had two (2) CGC VF+ 8.5's sell for $21,000.

So you had one in both hands. Then how could you........ never mind!

Was the other CGC VF+ a nice eye appeal copy?

The one on ComicLink appears to have excellent eye appeal (of course I haven't seen the back cover).

had two (2) CGC VF+ 8.5's sell for $21,000.

So you had one in both hands. Then how could you........ never mind!

Was the other CGC VF+ a nice eye appeal copy?

The one on ComicLink appears to have excellent eye appeal (of course I haven't seen the back cover).

Buy the slab boy, buy the slab! makepoint.gif

I think the price is $19500 on the book - what's up with the $18,000? Not more than a couple of months ago I got an 8.5 that looks like a 9.0 for that price. Once again what has changed in the last 4 to 6 months to suddenly make all these people think how undervalued and what great deals these books are? What substantiation is there for prices/values like this and that Hulk 1 8.5 that Heritage sold? It must have all come at once like an epiphany to so many high grade collectors that realized how underpriced these books were just a few months ago. Yep those FF1s in 8.0 that sold a few months ago for $10,000 were completely wrong - they were really worth double that!

Isn't this the copy you bought from Roter off of ebay in late 2001 for $10,651? It looks exactly like the scan in that auction I saved from back then.

This copy has now been resubmitted at least twice and gotten 8.0 every time. The first time it was in a holder it had offwhite/white pages. This latest resubmission looks like it might have been solely to get rid of the "name stamp on 1st page" label comment.