• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice FF #1 8.0 "WHITE" on comiclink...

30 posts in this topic

twice guide for a SUPER KEY in VF - i'd say it's fair and will sell pretty soon considering the way prices are going.

How is it fair? Double the price it was 6 months ago? This is definately NOT the time to be buying super key books. sumo.gif

This copy has now been resubmitted at least twice and gotten 8.0 every time. The first time it was in a holder it had offwhite/white pages. This latest resubmission looks like it might have been solely to get rid of the "name stamp on 1st page" label comment.

So at least 3 of the 4 copies listed on the census for this grade could all be the same book? foreheadslap.gif

I wonder how bad the census numbers for books like this are skewed as people repeatedly resubmit them.

What happened to the name stamp on the 1st page - has it magically disappeared from the book?? 893naughty-thumb.gif

No, it's just disappeared from the label and that's all that really matters. insane.gif

That's probably why it was re-slabbed... to get the note off the label. Maybe some other work was done in-between as well to attempt to squeeze out an extra .5.... the CL scan does looks a bit washed out.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

twice guide for a SUPER KEY in VF - i'd say it's fair and will sell pretty soon considering the way prices are going.

How is it fair? Double the price it was 6 months ago? This is definately NOT the time to be buying super key books. sumo.gif

i hear you but was looking at it from a different point of view. if 9.4's of key/not-so-key books can pull in 4-6x's the 9.4 guide price, why can't a gorgeous white-paged 8.0 (it's NOT mine) of one of the most important books in comic history, get 2x's the VF guide value???

i hadn't realized (according to your statement) that this book would only have gotten the 8.0 guide price 6 months ago - quite frankly, i'm surprised shocked.gif