• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 2 World numbers for Friday .......... Yikes

43 posts in this topic

Just checked out boxofficemojo.com world wide one day Iron Man 2 topped $139 Million...... :applause:^^:banana:

WEBHEAD

Those aren't the Friday numbers. IM2 opened in 53 foreign markets a week earlier than it opened here. The 139M is what the movie has made in those foreign markets. Domestic Friday numbers haven't been announced yet. Except for the 12:01am show, which pulled in 7.5M.

Iron Man 2 Opens Domestically to $52M on Friday Source: ComingSoon.net May 8, 2010

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios' Iron Man 2 opened to an estimated $52 million on Friday (including midnight showings) in a record 4,380 theaters, marking the seventh-best opening day ever. If the estimate holds, it surpassed Spider-Man 3's opening day of $51.3 million.

The top opening days of all time belong to The Twilight Saga: New Moon ($72.7 million) and The Dark Knight ($67.2 million). The Batman movie went on to set a new opening weekend of $158.4 million, a number Iron Man 2 won't be able to reach, but the Jon Favreau-directed sequel should still be able to enter the top five of the best domestic openers of all time. The original Iron Man debuted to $98.6 million in May of 2008.

Going into Friday, Iron Man 2 had earned about $139.5 million internationally, but that number should be significantly higher once Friday's overseas earnings are released.

The top opening days of all time belong to The Twilight Saga: New Moon ($72.7 million)

doh!

I hate those movies and there was another trailer before Iron Man 2 last night. They just look horrible but as long as they're bringing in numbers like that then they're here to stay.

IMO the franchise'll have to raise its game for IM3, as I thought IM2 was a pretty cynical, lazy piece of film-making.

Although I'm sure that I'll get slated for saying that. :acclaim:

I agree with you. The fine acting saved it, but barely.

can anyone shine in on the logic of releasing this movie a week earlier overseas?

I have no idea why that is the case...back in the day Europe was usually a month behind the U.S. re Hollywood releases.

Iron Man 2 Opens Domestically to $52M on Friday Source: ComingSoon.net May 8, 2010

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios' Iron Man 2 opened to an estimated $52 million on Friday (including midnight showings) in a record 4,380 theaters, marking the seventh-best opening day ever. If the estimate holds, it surpassed Spider-Man 3's opening day of $51.3 million.

The top opening days of all time belong to The Twilight Saga: New Moon ($72.7 million) and The Dark Knight ($67.2 million). The Batman movie went on to set a new opening weekend of $158.4 million, a number Iron Man 2 won't be able to reach, but the Jon Favreau-directed sequel should still be able to enter the top five of the best domestic openers of all time. The original Iron Man debuted to $98.6 million in May of 2008.

Going into Friday, Iron Man 2 had earned about $139.5 million internationally, but that number should be significantly higher once Friday's overseas earnings are released.

Ive always thought it crazy how they skew the hell out of these 'records' by not adjusting for inflation. Talk about worthless info. Its like how every superbowl is the MOST WATCHED SB IN HISTORY!!!!1 , and they always make a big deal about it. At the rate at which the population of the world expands seems like a moot point.

can anyone shine in on the logic of releasing this movie a week earlier overseas?

they wanted the movie to have a couple of weeks in release before the world cup. the US release was originally slated for the same day but was pushed back a week (don't know why)

they wanted the movie to have a couple of weeks in release before the world cup. the US release was originally slated for the same day but was pushed back a week (don't know why)

ahhh...that makes sense because the Europeans will be glue to their TV.

thanks

The top opening days of all time belong to The Twilight Saga: New Moon ($72.7 million)

doh!

Damn you Twilight fangirls :cry::mad:

Ha ha - They should have had this:

blade-twilight11.jpg

:roflmao: If only...

doh!

Damn you Twilight fangirls :cry::mad:

Ha ha - They should have had this:

blade-twilight11.jpg

That photo is kinda creepy. . .I would like to see the next few minutes of THAT movie!