• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 2 World numbers for Friday .......... Yikes

43 posts in this topic

Just got back from watching IM2 and while it lacked a little of the polish of IM 1, it certainly was a great movie and well worth watching--4/5 stars in my book. Probably Hammer character was the weakest but considering he was in a supporting role, it wasn't the end of the world by any means.

I enjoyed the hell out of Iron Man 2! RDjr has a great grasp of Tony Stark. Plus, I can't stand Mickey Roark usually, but in this he was fine. I had no issues with the movie.

I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. Scarlet as Black Widow was perfect. Movie was not quite as good as #1, IMHO, but quite good all the way around. (thumbs u (thumbs u

BTW, the theater was packed at 2:15pm showing, with a good long line at the door for ticket sales. Should have a good dollar figure for weekend box office.

Downside was coke & popcorn was $9.00. :cry:

I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. Scarlet as Black Widow was perfect. Movie was not quite as good as #1, IMHO, but quite good all the way around. (thumbs u (thumbs u

BTW, the theater was packed at 2:15pm showing, with a good long line at the door for ticket sales. Should have a good dollar figure for weekend box office.

Downside was coke & popcorn was $9.00. :cry:

Don't buy a coke and popcorn when going to the movies. expense solved.

1 N Iron Man 2 Par. $133,600,000 :o

2 1 A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) WB (NL) $9,170,000

3 2 How to Train Your Dragon P/DW $6,760,000

4 3 Date Night Fox $5,300,000

5 4 The Back-Up Plan CBS $4,345,000

1 N Iron Man 2 Par. $133,600,000 :o

2 1 A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) WB (NL) $9,170,000

3 2 How to Train Your Dragon P/DW $6,760,000

4 3 Date Night Fox $5,300,000

5 4 The Back-Up Plan CBS $4,345,000

this # is actually a bit of a disappointment. pundits thought it had a shot at besting DK's $158mm. IM stock is trading down about 10% on hsx.com. i still think it could do $400mm but word of mouth won't be as good as on first one.

Am I the only person that thought IM2 was better than IM1 ? I loved it. IMO the baddie makes a super hero film and the baddie was better in this one than the original.

Am I the only person that thought IM2 was better than IM1 ? I loved it. IMO the baddie makes a super hero film and the baddie was better in this one than the original.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

I posted the same feeling in one of the other threads. I enjoyed it more than the first, I think.

(thumbs u

I posted the same feeling in one of the other threads. I enjoyed it more than the first, I think.

Ditto...heard on the news that lots of people thought #2 was better.

It was certainly entertaining and captured my attention. If the Rhodes/Stark scene party scene hadn't happened and they used that time to built the plot a bit more I think it would have been equal to the first.

It was certainly entertaining and captured my attention. If the Rhodes/Stark scene party scene hadn't happened and they used that time to built the plot a bit more I think it would have been equal to the first.

Yeah, I really liked the movie but thought they made Tony Stark a little too buffoonish in a couple of places.

Yeah, I really liked the movie but thought they made Tony Stark a little too buffoonish in a couple of places.

Yeah, they seemed to overdo it a little in a couple of places the same way they overdid with Peter Parker dance scene in the last movie....

can anyone shine in on the logic of releasing this movie a week earlier overseas?

I have no idea why that is the case...back in the day Europe was usually a month behind the U.S. re Hollywood releases.

These times are long gone. In Germany and Austria, 80 to 90 % of the movies are opening in the same week as in the USA. I'm pretty sure it's because of pirate copys getting around so soon after a movie starts.

The Boxoffice Mojo message boards seem to think that IM2 is doing disappointing business. I hope that the superhero movie craze isn't starting to fade(though it has to sooner or later).