• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Spawn 150 Sketch Variant

13 posts in this topic

I don't see any spine ticks on the front cover. Corners are sharp except for the lower lefthand corner. The back cover has three spine ticks that lie in the middle of the comic. There are no cover creases on the FC or BC. Here's what puzzles me on how to grade this and I almost missed it as well. There is a cut or nick on the spine and can be found about 1/2" from the bottom. It cuts across slightly on the front to the back cover. It is difficult to measure exactly but it is definitely less than 1/4". How does this affect the grade?

I appreciate any help. Believe it or not I have a couple other 150 issues that have the same cut. I will post them in a few hours as not to take up too much first page real estate.

Spawn150_Sketch_FC.jpg

Spawn150_Sketch_BC.jpg

Edit:

Up close pic of the corner with the cut. I marked the spot in red.

Spawn150_Sketch_FC_Corner.jpgSpawn150_Sketch_BC_Corner.jpg

Does anyone know how to upload large pictures to photobucket? I scanned this at 300 DPI and it should be larger.

At you "My Home" screen where you see the Upload Images and Video button you will see a link for more options. Click this and you can set your image size to 1MB. This should stop them from resizing your photo's uness they're bigger them 1MB.

Does anyone know how to upload large pictures to photobucket? I scanned this at 300 DPI and it should be larger.

At you "My Home" screen where you see the Upload Images and Video button you will see a link for more options. Click this and you can set your image size to 1MB. This should stop them from resizing your photo's uness they're bigger them 1MB.

Thanks. I couldn't find the option. There is no save on that dialog box so I am stuck with these small pictures. I may use another site then.

This is what you are looking for:

pbucket.jpg

See where it says more options? Click it.

Yes that is where I am at and there is no save option. So when I click 1 MB it still reverts back to the default option once I exit and return to check the setting.

Enough of this, thanks for your help but if the pic is good to at least give me an idea of a grade I would appreciate it.

Is it production related?

Good question. I don't know. lol I have the other 4 covers for 150 and two of them have the same cut and the other two I could not find it. It is very strange. I was thinking that someone accidently cut them during unpacking.

I am going to spot check the rest of the Spawn issues.

I didn't find that flaw in any of my other issues. So I guess it could be a production flaw. Does anyone know?

In any event can someone please give me advice as to what the grade would be without the cut or ideas on what it should be with the cut? Thanks for you help.

I didn't find that flaw in any of my other issues. So I guess it could be a production flaw. Does anyone know?

In any event can someone please give me advice as to what the grade would be without the cut or ideas on what it should be with the cut? Thanks for you help.

I have a couple of copies of this book, and one of them have this cut - my guess is that it happened during unpacking by whatever store employee was in charge of handling the x-acto knife that day. I'd say 8.5 with the nick/cut.