• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the most odd ball comic(s) you have had slabbed???

15 posts in this topic

i know everybody has seen auctions on ebay for cgcs that you thought to yourself what the @#$% was that person thinking of when they sumitted that comic to cgc. i sent some books in a couple of months back and one of them was jason vs leatherface#1 i love that cover. insane.gif

The oddest books that I've sent and received back are a run of Archie Spire Christian comics. I'm still waiting for my copies of Reagan's Raiders #1 and Daffy Qadaffi to come back. Every time I send in a bunch of moderns, I'm always sure to send in something weird. Someday, I will have the largest collection of high grade CGC oddballs in the world! 27_laughing.gif

Had a '95 DETECTIVE COMICS #38 REPLICA SPECIAL slabbed.

A CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED #28 Michael Strogoff by Jules Verne slabbed only because I like the cover art and the book looks like new.

A couple of TREASURE CHEST slabbed only because they were in such great shape. Hard to find real good copies of TC.

Just had two BATMAN KELLOGG'S POPTARTS comics slabbed.

Sometimes I slab certain ones because I don't see anyone else having them slabbed.

The weirdest book I ever had slabbed was an old book called "Buzzy." It was issue #70. I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy it though, so I'll probably have it forever.

i know everybody has seen auctions on ebay for cgcs that you thought to yourself what the @#$% was that person thinking of when they sumitted that comic to cgc. i sent some books in a couple of months back and one of them was jason vs leatherface#1 i love that cover. insane.gif

The weirdest book I ever had slabbed was an old book called "Buzzy." It was issue #70. I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy it though, so I'll probably have it forever.

I wouldn't mind betting that if you check with CGC that there's never been a copy of Buzzy 70 slabbed.

How come Buzzy 69 and Buzzy 71 are so easy to pick up ???

I wouldn't mind betting that if you check with CGC that there's never been a copy of Buzzy 70 slabbed.

Low self-esteem....

Low self-esteem....

sign-funnypost.gif

OK, Ian. You busted me. You sure are one helluva sleuth. Must be because you've read and own every issue of Detective Comics. wink.gif