• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX Bashers

144 posts in this topic

Okay okay, I know PGX makes mistakes. The Action #1 9.0 was, in fact, quite hillarious.

But really, are we mad at PGX becasue we think we could all do just as well and they beat us to the punch?

CGC rules the game, but competition is healthy in the American marketplace. No one loves monopolies (except those running them).

The simple fact is that PGX is the number two game in town, and many of us are indignant because we feel would could it better, but hey, they made it happen and we didn't.

Perhaps we should all cut them some slack? I don't know, I mean if they are really doing business in an unethical way as some suggest, then I suppose they deserve all we can dish out.

Okay okay, I know PGX makes mistakes. The Action #1 9.0 was, in fact, quite hillarious.

But really, are we mad at PGX becasue we think we could all do just as well and they beat us to the punch?

CGC rules the game, but competition is healthy in the American marketplace. No one loves monopolies (except those running them).

The simple fact is that PGX is the number two game in town, and many of us are indignant because we feel would could it better, but hey, they made it happen and we didn't.

Perhaps we should all cut them some slack? I don't know, I mean if they are really doing business in an uneathical way as some suggest, then I suppose they deserve all we can dish out.

Oh man.

You think it's JEALOUSY that makes people speak against PGX...? REALLY...?

lol

http://www.justafanboy.com/PGX/

I wonder....this thread may inspire me to do an experiment....

Perhaps we should all cut them some slack? I don't know, I mean if they are really doing business in an uneathical way as some suggest, then I suppose they deserve all we can dish out.

Oh man.

lol

Not exactly my point. Jealousy does not enter into my thesis. Please note the word indignant...Righteous Anger, not jealousy. They are screwing it up, and it makes me mad.

= jealous.

And the answer is an emphatic "no."

PGX is maligned because they earned it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

CGC needs legitimate competition. PGX ain't it.

= jealous.

And the answer is an emphatic "no."

PGX is maligned because they earned it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

CGC needs legitimate competition. PGX ain't it.

I'm not jealous of them, I think perhaps that they have wrecked the model for a new company to emerge.

Great dog by the way, very cool. Here is one of mine.

workpics011.jpg

I'm not jealous of them, I think perhaps that they have wrecked the model for a new company to emerge.

Not at all...it's just that no one has the desire and/or the capital to do it. PGX should actually make it easier to do, because they present a good example of what NOT to do to potential investors.

Great dog by the way, very cool. Here is one of mine.

workpics011.jpg

Cool. :)

Perhaps we should all cut them some slack? I don't know, I mean if they are really doing business in an unethical way as some suggest, then I suppose they deserve all we can dish out.

I am a business kind of guy, and I will say this, no one love a monopoly. But guess what, CGC is not a monopoly whatsoever! The competition, however, allows CGC to look like a monopoly. Put it this way, you have two stores that sell you a similar "widget" but one store just messes the "widget" up the consistently. After time, which of these stores will prevail? I have seen a few posts on there that state things like "I can't believe this company is still in business". The competition is still there, however, there is another company that prevails. This is a false monopoly. CGC is not a monopoly, more people trust them.

I would love to see a real second option as I think it would foster improvement from CGC, but PGX is not a realistic option. It's like choosing from a Toyota or a car your neighbor carved out of scrap lumber.

Oh man.

lol

Not exactly my point. Jealousy does not enter into my thesis. Please note the word indignant...Righteous Anger, not jealousy. They are screwing it up, and it makes me mad.

I get your main point...it would be healthy if PGX didn't screw so many things up, and we all feel like we could do it better. That's my main irritation with them. If they could get their act together and do it for a lower price it would be beneficial to the hobby by putting healthy competitive pressure on CGC.

cgc employs (and employed) among the most noted and respected graders and resto experts in the hobby... a recipe for success...

pgx employs (employed?)...well, who knows... not sure outside of the owner if we even know a name of anyone else involved, and what their hobby qualifications even are...a recipe for failure

I've actually thought about this (and wrote about it in the ol' blog), and while PGX does make some pretty big mistakes, competition is good and healthy in every market. I'm not jealous of them either; Grading can be such a headache, especially since everyone grades differently.

Jealousy? Not even close.

Can you tour PGX's facility?

Can PGX show us the type of insurance they have for your comics when they recieve them?

Can they show us pictures of their in-house security? (Vault, safe, etc)

Can they prove there are more than 2 people running the service?

Can they prove that their "HQ" is more than just a small residential home?

Can they prove their Resto expert has any credibility?

These and many other questions have been asked for years. They never answer the questions, even when posting on this board, so the answers are "no".