• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

It's a gorgeous book! I would care less about the green label for his sig. His sig is beautiful, and in the silver ink it looks amazing.

Shhhhhhh. It's garbage!

sFun_hypnotize.gif

Don't you have some Crow slabs that need polishing

:foryou:

It's a gorgeous book! I would care less about the green label for his sig. His sig is beautiful, and in the silver ink it looks amazing.

Shhhhhhh. It's garbage!

sFun_hypnotize.gif

Don't you have some Crow slabs that need polishing

:foryou:

lol

And quite a few more soon enough.

BWHHHHHAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAA....

Just to clear this up for everyone, here is a screenshot of a reply email I received today:

179e42b5.jpg

Got it? If you want Ye Old Lore of Yore, buy it from Comixpress for $3.

http://www.comixpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=223

You WILL receive your copy. Don't fret that you have to be lucky that yours will "sneak through."

417977-i197.photobucket.com-albums-aa151-richskater5552-ace_ventura.gif

Arrived today. Thanks, TJ. (thumbs u

LoreOfYore.jpg

Nice, what grade did you get it in? They suck at packaging? :(

Btw, if anybody has read #1, pretty crazy how she lost that eye, huh? :sick:

Edited by FIREFLY

Nice, what grade did you get it in? They suck at packaging? :(
Pretty sure I got one 9.8 out of ten :wishluck: . I sent that one to Sarasota Friday with a L&K batch and kept the worst one for myself as my reader. Five of them were strong 9.4's, so I gave them away and the rest were NM- or below :( .

out of stock...

Nope.

Yup! :acclaim:

How is it I have 10 copies in my shopping cart, then?

No idea, contact them and ask?

I guess based on that knowledge I would tell everyone to order them up and see what happens. Maybe some will sneak through?

Just to clear this up for everyone, here is a screenshot of a reply email I received today:

179e42b5.jpg

http://www.comixpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=223

You WILL receive your copy. Don't fret that you have to be lucky that yours will "sneak through."

So this book is still available to buy at $3, on demand, but members are selling it here in the marketplace to other members at marked up prices?

Edited by zuckuss2003

I haven't been paying much attention to sales threads lately, but I know I've seen them for sale for $20 a pop at some point around here. You can get the book at any time from this site though, yes - for $3 plus shipping.

I got my copies today ;)

I actually ordered two - probably will keep one, and then give one away to a boardie at some point for a freebie.

out of stock...

Nope.

Yup! :acclaim:

How is it I have 10 copies in my shopping cart, then?

No idea, contact them and ask?

I guess based on that knowledge I would tell everyone to order them up and see what happens. Maybe some will sneak through?

179e42b5.jpg

So this book is still available to buy at $3, on demand, but members are selling it here in the marketplace to other members at marked up prices?

I am one of the boardies that is selling them this way, yet if I am not mistaken, I have had the lowest prices both on Ebay and here. As I have already explained to some people that have bought from me, the price I give them is for cherry picking and making them available here. As you can see by some posts on the orders, not all of them are NM- or higher. Jerel barely got a 9.8 from his order. I actually got maybe 75% of my order in VF/NM. The rest in NM-, NM, and also one 9.8. I made a big order, but as we have discussed on this board, I and if I'm not mistaken, other boardies have been giving them away at their discretion.

I have also explained that part of my sales of CPG stuff is going toward buying a pre-order of 4th prints of issue #1 coming out before the end of July. There is a possibility that these books will be low print run, or local LCSs will not have them available, etc. I'm sure once they come out, there may be sellers that will raise the price on these due to any of the reasons previously mentioned. I have taken it upon myself to sell these to boardies at cover price for those that are not able to attain them regardless of what the market brings in the future.

In addition, when sales are made and questions arise on the book's story or what have you, i point them toward this thread so they can enjoy the discussions and CPG updates. This thread is no secret. I'm sure other boardies are also spreading the news. Just because one pays $3 and shipping does not guarantee a NM or higher book. As I previously shared, their packaging is not really great. I got my whole lot crammed into a bag with no backing boards at all and in a padded envelope, hence the stock I received most of which I gave away as freebies.

So thank you for bringing that up. I appreciate that comment. I don't feel as if I have to justify myself when there are many others who sell for different reasons, but I felt like I had to justify mine. I already have a list of people who will benefit from this endeavor and I pride myself in making this happen for them just as others have helped me. If I really wanted to profit off this book, I'd sell it on Ebay. (shrug)

Edited by FIREFLY

I haven't been paying much attention to sales threads lately, but I know I've seen them for sale for $20 a pop at some point around here. You can get the book at any time from this site though, yes - for $3 plus shipping.

I got my copies today ;)

I actually ordered two - probably will keep one, and then give one away to a boardie at some point for a freebie.

Thank you, Kathryn. So far, it seems like the people that mentioned they have ordered are all giving one or more away at your own discretion. I myself have sold 3 NM- ones for $7 and 1 NM for $10. Only kept 2 or 3. The rest were reader copies that went or are going to a good cause. ;)

Julio - You are spot on about the packaging from comixpress. Mine arrived in bags but no boards. I think one of my copies is 9.4ish (maybe 9.6, have to look at it in better light), the other 9.2ish.

I couldn't even remember who I had seen selling the other copies, I'm not trying to point any fingers.

Julio - You are spot on about the packaging from comixpress. Mine arrived in bags but no boards. I think one of my copies is 9.4ish (maybe 9.6, have to look at it in better light), the other 9.2ish.

I couldn't even remember who I had seen selling the other copies, I'm not trying to point any fingers.

I know that,Kathryn. :foryou:

And to be honest, at first I thought that these books were sold out and difficult to find like any other book. I pre-sold some of them based on an order I placed with an "ex-connection". The price I placed on them was high because I thought I had an in on these sold out books. After TJ sprang that news as well as Mark Boss, Mod. for the Yahoo CPG Group I'm in, I turned around and informed the peeps that I pre-sold to about the situation and canceled their orders. Just didn't seem right. I ended up threatenting a PP claim on that transaction due to purposefully false information to get my money back on those books (which I paid a pretty penny for). Got it back and purchased a big lot from this legit source.

So, long story short, yes, their packaging sucks. lol

The main flaws I have been getting are color breaking spots of spinal stress on the cover or if it doesn't have spinal stress, there is a chunk missing on an edge or severely dinged or bent on a corner.

This is my reader copy.

DSC007371.jpg

DSC007451.jpg

DSC007481.jpg

I sent my best reader copies to my friends. :acclaim: