• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Is the character poised to get picked up by a larger publisher?

Not as far as I know. Tom and Jeremy seem to have a great relationship right now with great plans.

Edited by FIREFLY

lol...Unfortunately, current cons don't look like that anymore. 1st prints aren't available anymore as well as #2 first prints for cons. I was told they usually carry 2nd prints of #2 and #3s. Where is this pic from, Jerel?

Right here:

http://centuryguild.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/jeremy-bastian-and-cursed-pirate-girl-first-book-signing-ever/

Apparently, there was a numbered edition(limited to 100) too. :o

So is this comic good or are you guys just enjoying making money off it's hotness :P

so far it has only cost me money but has definately delivered some real enjoyment. the art is a treat. you can lose yourself looking at the detail in some of the pages.

I agree and this is what I am trying to portray to others about this book. You tend to lose yourself in the art and it makes you get more involved with the story and the characters. It totally reminds me of when I was a kid and the starts were the limit where one can live in a fantasy world away from the cares of this one. Another world, another time...sometimes it feels good to remember being a kid again. Remind you of anything? (Peter Pan, The Neverending Story, Alice in Wonderland, Chronicles of Narnia...have you ever listened to any of those stories on tape? It's truly involves you in the fantasy and it's amazing.) ;)

lol...Unfortunately, current cons don't look like that anymore. 1st prints aren't available anymore as well as #2 first prints for cons. I was told they usually carry 2nd prints of #2 and #3s. Where is this pic from, Jerel?

Right here:

http://centuryguild.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/jeremy-bastian-and-cursed-pirate-girl-first-book-signing-ever/

Apparently, there was a numbered edition(limited to 100) too. :o

Yeah, seems like a year ago, April 2009?

DANG IT! I want that beer they marketed!!!!! lol

So let me see if I got this straight? This three issue mini series that was put out by a "publish yourself" kind of press is picking up legit steam?

No, there was one issue put out by a "publish yourself" kind of publisher - Comixpress. And then there were three issues put out by Olympian Publishing (the first one of them reprinting the Comixpress book).

So let me see if I got this straight? This three issue mini series that was put out by a "publish yourself" kind of press is picking up legit steam?

No, there was one issue put out by a "publish yourself" kind of publisher - Comixpress. And then there were three issues put out by Olympian Publishing (the first one of them reprinting the Comixpress book).

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. And Olympian Publishing is most noted for their recent work on which title?

Post man just dropped this off :)

I know more then a few of you hate the green label but they really don't bother me for signatures.

MVC-341S.jpg

:sick:

It's making me feel green all over.

:gossip: I'll take it. Just don't tell anyone.

Post man just dropped this off :)

I know more then a few of you hate the green label but they really don't bother me for signatures.

MVC-341S.jpg

:sick:

It's making me feel green all over.

:gossip: I'll take it. Just don't tell anyone.

Yeah, but that's exceptable in my opinion. I have a green label in my set that was unavoidable too. Great book!