• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I am one of the boardies that is selling them this way, yet if I am not mistaken, I have had the lowest prices both on Ebay and here. As I have already explained to some people that have bought from me, the price I give them is for cherry picking and making them available here.

Julio, I think most of the questioning of price for this book came from the fact the publisher keeps reprinting and selling them for only $3. But now that it has become clear they ship these books like condition doesn't matter in a hobby that thrives on condition, it makes perfect sense you are charging a little extra for the better copies. Especially when pre-screening is involved to ensure they are NM- or better copies.

$7 to ensure you are getting a Near Mint-ish book is not a lot of money at all. Otherwise, order from the publisher, but ensure it is many copies so you can pick through and find one that survived in decent condition.

You're golden, brother. But I'll still bust your chops every time you buy another first print of CPG 1 just for general purposes. You know, because you need all those copies once you start wallpapering your place in a Cursed Pirate Girl theme.

:baiting:

You're golden, brother. But I'll still bust your chops every time you buy another first print of CPG 1 just for general purposes. You know, because you need all those copies once you start wallpapering your place in a Cursed Pirate Girl theme.

lol

Yeah, Julio. You successfully made me want to collect this title graded with your endless amounts of imformation that you always generously provide. I'm just worried my L & K set will find out I'm cheating on it, lol .

Sorry Julio, it sounds like you have a plan and thats cool.

Do you guys wonder if Jeremy ever submits his best copies himself? If not he should because he could make $1,000's of dollars much faster than he does selling these books for $5.00 at cons.

I guess now that its caught on he is mostly doing sketches and signings though and doesn't sell them like he did in that older pic.

Anyway, this seems like a cool series and I can't wait for a trade.

;) I'm glad, brother. I've stated before that this book isn't for everyone, but it is very enjoyable to me. I'm glad you're finding it amusing as well. Just as not everyone is into L&K, this book has it's followers. Which, reminds me, I was thinking of picking up an issue today and finding out what's that's all about. Same thing happened with TWD...once I picked one up and saw what all the hoopla was about, I was hooked.

And as for the CPG wall paper, that would be cool for my little girl... hmlol In actuality, some of those 1st prints have been recycled to some boardies and friends so they can enjoy the story at reasonable costs. (thumbs u

Sorry Julio, it sounds like you have a plan and thats cool.

Do you guys wonder if Jeremy ever submits his best copies himself? If not he should because he could make $1,000's of dollars much faster than he does selling these books for $5.00 at cons.

I guess now that its caught on he is mostly doing sketches and signings though and doesn't sell them like he did in that older pic.

Anyway, this seems like a cool series and I can't wait for a trade.

No worries, brother. I knew what you were talking about and you brought up a good point. I don't think it's a secret either. I try and point as many people as I can to this thread. I just felt like I had to fill others in on my efforts since the question was brought up.

I'm not sure if Jeremy cares about the grading of his copies as much as people enjoying them. He seems very humble and a very down to earth guy in my communication with him. I love it when an artist is like that and cares more about his peeps than making money, though he is trying to make some for his wedding this year. ;) Plan to get some sketches from him this year in addition to signing my no logos and dedicating one to my daughter for when she is older.

As far as his not selling the books as much at the cons, I think it's because they sell out on the 1st day or there are just no more prints of certain editions. #1 and #2 1st prints are gone and he seems to stock up with latter editions.

Now if I can just get a six pack of the limited CPG beer to share with Jerel. :wishluck:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't have all the no logos signed! keep a couple universal!!

lol You're assuming that you will have one of them one day. hm

Not gonna have them all signed...not my plan. (thumbs u

Unless you trade for your SP. hm

Edited by FIREFLY

My SP just got a little more spendy considering the signed copy just sold for $450, and mine is not signed!

And no, I wasn't assuming anything. Just would be a shame for there to not be any that aren't SS'd. Glad it is not your plan.

My SP just got a little more spendy considering the signed copy just sold for $450, and mine is not signed!

hm ...What would happen with a no logo?

Edited by FIREFLY

http://cgi.ebay.com/CURSED-PIRATE-GIRL-1-RARE-1ST-PRINT-COMIXPRESS-/110533992861?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bc56e19d

So this is the actual first print then? [/quote

Just went for $449.99.Wonder if it was picked up by a boardie???

Sanj

The winner and majority of bidders are boardies.