• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

So I just read the first two issues. Nice artwork, but boring story. Sorry, going against everyone here.

A valued opinion (thumbs u

So I just read the first two issues. Nice artwork, but boring story. Sorry, going against everyone here.

I liked the #3 issue the best though. (thumbs u

i'd have to agree that the third issue was the best... so far. bastian might not be the next neil gaiman but i'm optimistic that he'll get better as he practices his craft. it's no secret that the art work is what sells the book. bastian is a top-rated rookie in my book. he's worth supporting and CPG is definitely just the kind of break from superheroes that a lot of us appreciate. but, it might not be everyone's cup o' tea.

I liked the #3 issue the best though. (thumbs u

i'd have to agree that the third issue was the best... so far. bastian might not be the next neil gaiman but i'm optimistic that he'll get better as he practices his craft. it's no secret that the art work is what sells the book. bastian is a top-rated rookie in my book. he's worth supporting and CPG is definitely just the kind of break from superheroes that a lot of us appreciate. but, it might not be everyone's cup o' tea.

+1

So I asked one of my buddies at Heroes con to go see what Jeremy Bastian had for sale at the show. I get a call this morning from my buddy and he says here, hold on, and hands the phone to Jeremy, who proceeds to tell me what he has for sale and chats for a few, lol. Had a nice 5 min conversation with him. Seems like a cool, humble guy. Best news, though, he said he is planning on going to the Baltimore show!! Can't wait to meet him.

So I asked one of my buddies at Heroes con to go see what Jeremy Bastian had for sale at the show. I get a call this morning from my buddy and he says here, hold on, and hands the phone to Jeremy, who proceeds to tell me what he has for sale and chats for a few, lol. Had a nice 5 min conversation with him. Seems like a cool, humble guy. Best news, though, he said he is planning on going to the Baltimore show!! Can't wait to meet him.

Dude, he is awesome. Have never met anyone as humble and genuine as Jeremy. Very down to earth guy. Hung out with him about three times during today. Got some awesome goodies that I plan to have pics of when I get back. Only went to go see him for the show and it was well worth it hanging out. Also got a one of kind commission OA that I thought would be an excellent twist to his 4th print #1 cover dedicated to my daughter Ella. Can;t wait to show you guys.

Great plans for CPG this summer. :cloud9: Seriously, for all that are viewing these threads, this guy is a genius in his artwork. Truly amazing. :grin:

You'll have fun hanging out with him, Brian.