• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

There are still CPGs in the wild, folks. Picked up a 1st print 1 and a 1st print 2 today at an LCS.

:o

Unfortunately I live in the UK and have yet to see any for sale anywhere and most LCS and web operaters this way don't even know of it's existence :ohnoez:

There are still CPGs in the wild, folks. Picked up a 1st print 1 and a 1st print 2 today at an LCS.

Unfortunately I live in the UK and have yet to see any for sale anywhere and most LCS and web operaters this way don't even know of it's existence :ohnoez:

Your set is coming, homie. Signed and soon to be on it's way. ;)

Did anyone catch Jeremy Bastian's The Battle of the Hawk's Mouse & the Fox's Mouse in the newest Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard #1?

mouseguard.jpg

Loved it.

I was hoping that he would have copies at Heroes but no go. :(

Did anyone catch Jeremy Bastian's The Battle of the Hawk's Mouse & the Fox's Mouse in the newest Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard #1?

mouseguard.jpg

Loved it.

I was hoping that he would have copies at Heroes but no go. :(

My LCS had copies last Wednesday :shrug:

:shy: And, oh, I bought the cover from Petersen. Yay.

Your set is coming, homie. Signed and soon to be on it's way. ;)

(worship)

For what it's worth:

I finally had a chance to read the three regular issues out so far, as well as "Ye Ol Lore of Yore," and I'm hooked, and fully understand the hype surrounding this series!

The detailed (which is an understatement!) artwork is simply breathtaking, and the story is fun and lighthearted. Jeremy crams so many fine details into every single page, it takes much longer to read these than standard moderns. I found myself getting totally lost in the illustrations for minutes at a time (instead of just "seconds," like with most newer books).

My favorite of the three regular issues was #3, so I'm REALLY looking forward to #4 and the further adventures of the CPG. I can certainly see my daughter enjoying these great books as she gets just a little older.

Seriously, if you haven't had a chance to read these yet, pick up the later printings if you can find them, and enjoy a truly fun and beautiful ride! :)

My favorite of the three regular issues was #3, so I'm REALLY looking forward to #4 and the further adventures of the CPG.

yes, #3 was the best!! Unbelivable how many crazy super intricate pages or spreads there were in that issue. hope the last 3 continue that bigtime!!
#3! :headbang:

I can't wait to get my set from Julio and the Ye olde.. that Doug is holding for me. it may be a little while yet but I'm really looking forward to it :cloud9:

When are the next issues planned for release? Is it worth getting the wondercon exlusive and how rare is it and whats the deal with the comixpress (self published) book that is supposed to be the first appearance? (thumbs u

OK, what's the Cursed Pirate Girl "Virgin" Edition look like. I saw one graded in the census.

I'm guessing that is the unstamped "no logo" edition hm

OK, what's the Cursed Pirate Girl "Virgin" Edition look like. I saw one graded in the census.

Nope, they have their own section. I was thinking the Wondercon variant, but wasn't sure.

Nope, they have their own section. I was thinking the Wondercon variant, but wasn't sure.

They also have issue 3 listed twice in the census. Probably data entry error? (shrug)

They also have issue 3 listed twice in the census. Probably data entry error? (shrug)

That was my next question, lol .

Self Published edition hm

By the way, FYI in case it matters to anyone...#1 3rd print had two versions only different in cover stock and printing. The older printings had a plain color cover and the newer printings have a glossy raised stock coloring. Sweet covers on the latter of the two. Sort of like the difference between a Black and White label for TWD. lol Who cares, but...some may.

Edited by FIREFLY