• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

still waiting on my ye old lore's. Ordered on May 18th. Sent an email with no response. sigh

Mine took about four weeks.

They were at the Heroes show.

103_1576.jpg

:applause:That's a keeper since they are hard to come by at that grade...woo, hoo!
I didn't want to say how many issues, I bought from the comic company that makes Ye Old Lore of Yore because I wasn't buying to grade them anyway, but it was a lot and I have to admit I am surprised that I have only seen one weak 9.8(spine ticks) out of all of them. If it's not spinal ticks, it's creases and if it's not that, it's chips missing from the back page's bottom left edge. I'm trying to decide if I want to collect this series, because if I let this one go, I may never see another 9.8 again based on the supply of books I have bought so far.

:applause:That's a keeper since they are hard to come by at that grade...woo, hoo!
I didn't want to say how many issues, I bought from the comic company that makes Ye Old Lore of Yore because I wasn't buying to grade them anyway, but it was a lot and I have to admit I am surprised that I have only seen one weak 9.8(spine ticks) out of all of them. If it's not spinal ticks, it's creases and if it's not that, it's chips missing from the back page's bottom left edge. I'm trying to decide if I want to collect this series, because if I let this one go, I may never see another 9.8 again based on the supply of books I have bought so far.

I must say that is pretty surprising - are you sure you didn't just receive a bad batch? I got 10 copies, and more than half are solid 9.8's ... :shrug:

I must say that is pretty surprising - are you sure you didn't just receive a bad batch? I got 10 copies, and more than half are solid 9.8's ... :shrug:

I'm too critical on a lot of my books. I see flaws in strong 9.8's that other's don't and judge them because they aren't Gem Mints. I can't wait to see what you get for grades if you should choose to grade them, as myself and the majority others haven't been lucky enough to get the nicer ones. Good luck. :wishluck:

Yup, I too bought a ton and gave most of them away and sold the rest. I kept 2 and had them sketched, signed and slabbed so we'll see what they'll come back as. Hoping for 9.8 on both. (shrug)

They ship the books with no boards and no real protection - at least that's how they shipped my copies. That alone is going to make it harder to find nice copies.

I'm too critical on a lot of my books. I see flaws in strong 9.8's that other's don't and judge them because they aren't Gem Mints. I can't wait to see what you get for grades if you should choose to grade them, as myself and the majority others haven't been lucky enough to get the nicer ones. Good luck. :wishluck:

It's not really a matter of being too critical here - I'm pretty well-versed in spotting 9.8 moderns, and the batch I got was fine. Yes, there were a couple of dogs in there, but the majority of the books were hot-of-the-press-nice with zero spine ticks & sharp corners.

If I'd received them prior to Motor City, I would have gotten some signed there - but as they didn't show up in time, I'll probably just sub a couple in August.

OK, what's the Cursed Pirate Girl "Virgin" Edition look like. I saw one graded in the census.

Didn't read the rest of the thread, so I apologize if this has already been answered. The "Virgin" edition is the unstamped "No Logo" Variant. I recently submitted mine and "Virgin" is what is listed under the variant column of the invoice. Still waiting for delivery.

OK, what's the Cursed Pirate Girl "Virgin" Edition look like. I saw one graded in the census.

Didn't read the rest of the thread, so I apologize if this has already been answered. The "Virgin" edition is the unstamped "No Logo" Variant. I recently submitted mine and "Virgin" is what is listed under the variant column of the invoice. Still waiting for delivery.

The other one is the No logo one. Nice to see they have everything listed correctly lol

Did you list Virgin on your submission form?

Edited by Evil Uncle

The other one is the No logo one. Nice to see they have everything listed correctly lol

Did you list Virgin on your submission form?

I didn't list it as Virgin on the submission form, in fact I submitted it as a standard first edition with no notes about it being a no logo variant.

(shrug)

Interesting. So it seems that it may be a CGC logging mistake? Two categories of the same book? I submitted mine as "CPG #1 1st print no logo error variant" so we'll see what they come back as. hm

I submitted mine as "CPG #1 1st print no logo error variant" so we'll see what they come back as. hm
Probably not going to come back as a "virgin" then. :whistle:

Firefly has no virgins in his Harem of Cursed Pirate Girls. They all get equal love :)